Dipstick smoking coming from it.help

Tdibooster

Reaction score
Need a bit of help again.
Where to start. Think I've travelled a long way and ended up buying a lemon.
Big cloud of dirty smoke on startup and dirty cloud on acceleration.
Went and logged 72 to 77 with vcds today and injectors read this
1. 30ms 34ms 18ms
2. 26 40 18
3. 40 38 18
4. 32 38 22
5. 38 50 24
6. 30 34 16
Fair to say they're all knackered?
Right.problem no2. I have a fair bit of smoke coming thru dipstick tube. Difficult to seat dipstick because of it. Do these have a PCV?
I thought it was low on coolant but hasn't moved in 3 days. Egr cooler was replaced about 8yrs ago at dealers.
Fair to say I'm a bit miffed
Advice appreciated
Ps:is crasher still on here? If you are can you help please bud?

I’m afraid I don’t know what the injector timing should be. You can get them checked by a diesel injection firm who will check spray pattern and leakage. Usually about £20 am injector.

How many miles has this car done? It could also be worn piston rings and valve stem seals. This could be the root cause of your black smoke and smoking oil. I assume it is being pressurised as you can’t push the dipstick in. I also assume if you take of the oil cap this will smoke even more.

Reactions: Sibmets and Tdibooster
118k full dealer history.
I too think injectors have worn needles and dribbling. Going to audi in morning. Was supposed to be getting new engine mount but will be asking to have them do leak off test/diagnostics and possibly pressure test also instead. Car boosts beautifully but leaves big cloud of smoke but only at times. Again I'm thinking of injectors. No matter what I think it'll be expensive.

Mine had the injectors replaced by previous owner @ 130k . Got the invoice somewhere but I'm sure it was around £1600.

Mine are good, just curious.
Did a leak off on the Connect van, PITA and didn't tell me much.

Hello booster - Not sure if this might help but perhaps some fuel cleaner may assist ? I took my old mans TDi 130 (same engine as my B6 A4) Sport Passat for an MOT & it passed!
Didn't expect it to as it was smoking horrendously on cold startup & full throttle a couple of weeks ago (just like yours).
I bought some fuel cleaner/additive that is made by a company local to me & after a few tanks of Best Quality diesel with that in, the smoking is drastically reduced - in fact it passed the emissions on the first pass with the best figure it has ever had!!
The product I used is called 'FuelTone' & I reckon it's better than the 'Forte' additive I've used in the past (which the trade recommend).
Not sure if it's available UK wide but I highly recommend it if you can find it.
You never know...... might be a cheap fix?

Reactions: Tdibooster
I did exactly that bud and I'm not a fan of these additives but it really helped a lot. Only have the tiniest mis now. Definitely doing leak off test tomorrow as was busy today .I now think I only have 1 really bad dribbling injector which has more than likely got worn needle seat. Looking for new or reconditioned one