Did the steering wheel stalk arm change during FL?

Fraysa

Reaction score
After I installed a rain/light sensor I want to make use it and install a new stalk arm to my PFL 2013 8v.

I figured if I’m buying a new one, I might as well buy one with a cruise control arm so I can add it in the future (already found someone who does online coding for this).

However, after finding the correct part number (wiper has auto function and cruise without ACC) some eBay items say FL.

Did the stalk arm change during FL? I don’t recall that.

Part number is 8V0953521HB, just wanted to make sure it’s the correct one.

Cheers.

there is a change. the stalks are a different style. Not sure if they are interchangable.

some examples but not the best pics..

S l300

S l400

there is a change. the stalks are a different style. Not sure if they are interchangable.

some examples but not the best pics..

View attachment 186078

View attachment 186079

Thanks for the information! Do you know how to locate the correct part number for PFL? Need one with auto wiper, rear wiper, cruise control without ACC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone help with the part number?

As far as I know, buying just the stalk arms from eBay is not a good idea because you need a license to activate Cruise Control and Audi won't sell the license for CCS and the parts separately. They only sell It as a kit with the activation codes, stalk set and steering column lower trim. I bought that kit when I retrofitted mine.

As far as I know, buying just the stalk arms from eBay is not a good idea because you need a license to activate Cruise Control and Audi won't sell the license for CCS and the parts separately. They only sell It as a kit with the activation codes, stalk set and steering column lower trim. I bought that kit when I retrofitted mine.

I already stated that I have someone who activates it for me, hence why I only need the stalk.

Unfortunately Audi in my country doesn’t sell these kits and finding a kit that’s the one I need will also require the exact part number which I lack...

I already stated that I have someone who activates it for me, hence why I only need the stalk.

Unfortunately Audi in my country doesn’t sell these kits and finding a kit that’s the one I need will also require the exact part number which I lack...

I had difficulties in finding the kit in my country (Brazil) too, as the dealerships would only sell the kit along with the fitting and activation services and it would cost about GBP 700. Instead, I bought the genuine kit from Stafford Audi (they will check for the right part number) and had it shipped to me, then I fitted the stalk set and steering column trim myself (easy task) and paid for a remote activation from an authorised independent repairer. Of course, you need a VAS5054A interface to connect your car to a computer that can be accessed remotely, in order to do the same.

I know that activation without the codes is possible, but you must have in mind that in this case your cruise control will not be registered in VAG databases and you may have it erased when you send your car for an inspection at a dealeship and they update your modules, then you'll have to pay again for a new activation.

I had difficulties in finding the kit in my country (Brazil) too, as the dealerships would only sell the kit along with the fitting and activation services and it would cost about GBP 700. Instead, I bought the genuine kit from Stafford Audi (they will check for the right part number) and had it shipped to me, then I fitted the stalk set and steering column trim myself (easy task) and paid for a remote activation from an authorised independent repairer. Of course, you need a VAS5054A interface to connect your car to a computer that can be accessed remotely, in order to do the same.

I know that activation without the codes is possible, but you must have in mind that in this case your cruise control will not be registered in VAG databases and you may have it erased when you send your car for an inspection at a dealeship and they update your modules, then you'll have to pay again for a new activation.

I never said I planned to activate it without the code. I have a VAS5054A interface and someone who’ll activate it remotely with a code.

So I only need the correct part number for the stalk.

Thanks for the information! Do you know how to locate the correct part number for PFL? Need one with auto wiper, rear wiper, cruise control without ACC.
I'm not sure about the part number for you car, sorry, maybe 8V0953502B. Better check it with someone who has access to the database. There is another feature that you must be aware of: cars that don't have board computer command buttons on the steering wheel have an additional "reset" button under the wiper stalk so the driver can command the display with the stalk. What about the steering column trim? Do you have the right part to replace the original one? Again, there are different parts for cars with and without CCS and different parts for cars with ignition switch and start/stop button.

I never used a new arm, as far as I’m aware. I just coded it and it worked. The original timed arm now works as a sensitivity arm.

I never used a new arm, as far as I’m aware. I just coded it and it worked. The original timed arm now works as a sensitivity arm.

I do not have a timed arm. I need a whole new stalk.

Anyone for the part number?

for uk market the parts all start 8V0953502 but there are 32 different entries with suffix letters from a - ae ! These are all different to what PR codes are required ranging from body type, steering wheel type, cruise control, display type etc so its a bit of a job working out what part number you will need.

Strange, you must in a weird country then. Literally every car since the late 60’s has had intermittent wipers here in the U.K.

Sorry, I thought you meant automatic wipers! I do have it but I want the same one with the auto option (as I recently installed the light/rain sensor so I can take advantage of it).

Okay, so after researching by using ETKA it seems there's no version of what you're looking for.

It seems the part you posted (8V0953521HB) is the right one, but it's FL. Maybe someone here knows if it'll fit your PFL.

Last edited: