Facelift Devastated!

GmackS3

Reaction score
Absolutely devastated, someone seems to have crashed in to my car whilst parked on a road and driven off. My insurance is already very high and so I won't be able to claim for this I don't think. Does anyone have any recommendations for bodyshop repair in Hampshire/south coast?

Looks like it will need a new bumper, rear quarter panel and light cluster.
6cbad00b52eb71d09e97456019705d93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gone
I can't see that being a cheap fix, even with high insurance costs I have a feeling you'll be better off claiming!

Reactions: deanshaw24
Claim and then drive a 50cc Fiesta for a few years .

Reactions: AudiNutta
Really gutted for you. What a complete and utter RS hole who did that and drove off. I don't live in UK so can only offer condolences and hope you get it sorted quick and cheaply....

Reactions: Jassyo06
yeah got to be a bearer of bad news but got to be worth seeing what paint has been left on there and asking around for cctv, see if you can find out.gutted for you though

Also consider that your insurance policy possibly states you inform them of the accident, even if you don't claim. Otherwise your policy may be invalidated. Of course many folk take the risk in these circumstances that the insurance company never finds out. Up to you if you want to take the risk, but do check would be my advice...

PITA :-(

Reactions: glospete
Did you call the Police? They have left the scene of an accident which is an offence, yes it's a long shot but still worth reporting just in case! I'd also phone your insurance and explain what has happened and see what they say.

Reactions: Chris S 1245
Absolutely devastated, someone seems to have crashed in to my car whilst parked on a road and driven off. My insurance is already very high and so I won't be able to claim for this I don't think. Does anyone have any recommendations for bodyshop repair in Hampshire/south coast?

Looks like it will need a new bumper, rear quarter panel and light cluster.
6cbad00b52eb71d09e97456019705d93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear about this happening mate. Absolute scummy idiot that did this could have at least left a note. Sure karma will get them back one way or another.

In my part of the world that is called hit and run and the insurance company will cover it with no affect on your no claims bonus, but you must make a police report and if your claim is bogus you are in a lot of trouble.

I would suggest claim!

As I can tell you from first hand experience that even my car (as it is currently, is going to cost 2k minimal!)

And your damage unfortunately is allot worse.

The light alone is £800 :(

I had a huge sigh when I saw that, I am gutted for you! :( It won't be cheap I am afraid, you'd be amazed how they can repair cars these days and the bumper is repairable providing it hasn't cracked. The rear quarter is touch and go, that wouldn't be a cheap job because it isn't a bolt on panel do fingers crossed it can be reshaped. The light cluster will probably be a good few hundred on its own, I should imagine.

I understand your insurance dilemma I know, it is a nightmare! If you claim, it will affect you for 5 years no matter how big or small. Even if you keep your no claims, it's a claim. Get a quote for it to be repaired, I'd be taking the back bumper off myself to see if there is any damage behind it because at that stage.. it's an insurance job no doubt.

I can recommend you to a s*** hot bodyshop in South Wales if you want, he isn't cheap but the car is perfect. I know another cheaper bodyshop with good standards.

@GmackS3 Try Stride & Sons in Hedge End, they have done some work me, very good. Otherwise, there is Motorcolor in Southampton, who are also top notch! But, yeah, I'd claim...

Unlucky mate, definitely report it to the police and claim.
Bizarre pics though, that damage looks like the car was reversed into a wall.

Reactions: simonali
Feel for you man. It looks like it might be worth going through your insurance from the damage. If it was me though I'd not tell them unless you're definitely going to claim from them.

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago, was hit while parked, no note or CCTV etc. I did the right thing and told insurance about the damage. In the end I got the work done myself not through insurance - about £850 I think. Reason being my excess was £500 and with the claim it would put my policy up by at least the extra £350. Naively though I assumed by not claiming my policy wouldn't increase at renewal time. I was wrong, it doubled! It's still nearly £300 more than it would be had I not notified them. I don't think all insurance companies load the policy because of it, but I know from running a few comparison quotes that without the hit and run on there I could save at least £300. I can't see how they would be able to know about the damage so next time I think I'd take my chances.

I am a bit of a loss here. If I made a claim on my insurance for a hit and run with a police report it would not affect my no claims or increase my insurance. Yes, I would have to pay the deductible, which for me would be 250.00 quid
In the UK your insurance would automatically increase substantially at the renewal time? If so, that is nonsense for a hit and run which can be verified and not a bogus claim. Insurance adjusters here are very good at inspecting for bogus claims and you are in a heap of trouble, if you try a false claim.

I am a bit of a loss here. If I made a claim on my insurance for a hit and run with a police report it would not affect my no claims or increase my insurance. Yes, I would have to pay the deductible, which for me would be 250.00 quid
In the UK your insurance would automatically increase substantially at the renewal time? If so, that is nonsense for a hit and run which can be verified and not a bogus claim. Insurance adjusters here are very good at inspecting for bogus claims and you are in a heap of trouble, if you try a false claim.
I know, to any sane person it sounds rediculous, but insurance companies in the U.K. definitely do that; I've experienced it first hand.
It should be noted that not all of them do, but some certainly do. I asked for an explanation when I called my insurer up at my renewal, and they said that it was because I was at an increased risk due to where I park etc. To be clear, I don't agree with it at all; in fact it makes a mockery of even having insurance, when it costs more to make a claim against a hit and run than it does to pay out of your own pocket. As the saying goes, the house always wins.

Last edited:
Unlucky mate, definitely report it to the police and claim.
Bizarre pics though, that damage looks like the car was reversed into a wall.

Or Mr White Van Man doing the "hit and run" ?

Agree about reporting and claiming. But i'd like to see better pics of the damage!. Cant tell if it is dented or scraped ?(day light pics please!)

As the saying goes, the house always wins.

I used to work at a place dealing with 2 specific insurers and one of the claims handlers actually said that to me about one claim, his quote was "the house never loses"

In other words, said person might benefit but the next person will pay for it.

This is exactly why if I didn't have a driveway I wouldn't bother having a decent car. Absolute lowlife scumbags.