Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyyC

Reaction score
Hopefully ordering my S3 sportback at the weekend. Found good discounts etc (thanks for the help) but cannot settle on the colour.

I know its been covered before but can everyone put pictures of their car colour (s3 only, no a3's please) so i have something to look at! Really like sepang but very common.

Thanks for the help!

Ry.

Hopefully ordering my S3 sportback at the weekend. Found good discounts etc (thanks for the help) but cannot settle on the colour.

I know its been covered before but can everyone put pictures of their car colour (s3 only, no a3's please) so i have something to look at! Really like sepang but very common.

Thanks for the help!

Ry.

Any colour or the 3 you were originally looking at?

I have black and it's great clean...but keeping it clean!!!!

For me it will be white (saloon) next as it is much easier than other colours to look after to hide scratches/swirls etc. I hear that Daytona is also fairly easy to look after as well and it looks good in the sportback!

See all colours HERE

Edit* To be honest red looks very nice!!!

media

Reactions: Simon L
Any colour or the 3 you were originally looking at?
Any mate

I have black and it's great clean...but keeping it clean!!!!

For me it will be white (saloon) next as it is much easier than other colours to look after to hide scratches/swirls etc. I hear that Daytona is also fairly easy to look after as well and it looks good in the sportback!

See all colours HERE

Edit* To be honest red looks very nice!!!

media
What red is that? Looks ace

If you like SB.....

Reactions: albu, Jassyo06, Simon L and 1 other person
never any shortage of Sepang Blue S3 pics on here...lol

Reactions: Mrbish, xBox, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

Thanks for the help!

Ry.

Hey Ryan....Sepang maybe popular...as a paint colour,but its how you option the exterior that makes it different mate even on Daytona....exterior trim/wheels does make it more individual

Reactions: xBox and Simon L
Yeah Brilliant Red if yer going freebie but if you fancy a small indulgence Daytona or Sepang are worth every one of yer 500 quiddlies!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06
A terrible photo of my estoril blue

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
I think im going to go for panther black for the extra couple of hundred. Didnt realise how good it looked in the sun! Just thought it was.. Well... Black:stupid:

Ill let you all know, ill have changed my mind in 5 mins no doubt!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
@Snake Pliskin has a Floret Silver S3. Since you don't want A3s as colour comparisons I'd wait for him to stick a pic up. Stunning colour.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Simon L
@Snake Pliskin has a Floret Silver S3. Since you don't want A3s as colour comparisons I'd wait for him to stick a pic up. Stunning colour.

Yeah good shout mate, floret looks superb on the sportback too ;)

Reactions: Scottyg and Snake Pliskin
I don't get my car till march guys but will help if I can.

All I can say is yes floret silver is a very dark shade of silver and defo has the wow factor ... it did when I saw it anyway :)

Here is closest pic available and the second (of the TT) was taken by me and is the closest representation of floret in a pic I have seen and shows the darkness well.

Apologies for reposting these pics as they have been posted in other threads - but are my best reference ....

Reactions: Jassyo06, S3joey, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Here's my Misano Red, looks even better in the flesh I think.

(NB this is the saloon though but you get the idea).

Reactions: Jassyo06, S3joey, Pulp84 and 1 other person
Classy Monsoon Grey.

Attachments

• 2016-01-06 21.24.50.jpg
    2016-01-06 21.24.50.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 164
Reactions: S3joey, Simon L and Scottyg

All I can say is yes floret silver is a very dark shade of silver and defo has the wow factor ... it did when I saw it anyway :)

Here is closest pic available and the second (of the TT) was taken by me and is the closest representation of floret in a pic I have seen and shows the darkness well.

Apologies for reposting these pics as they have been posted in other threads - but are my best reference ....

View attachment 77095

View attachment 77096
@Snake Pliskin - That pic of the RS3 in floret looks ****** fab! :thumbs up:

Funny, I don't think it suits the TTS tho' ...

Reactions: Daveotto, Simon L and Snake Pliskin
Think minds made up on panther! So nice in the sun! :hubbahubba:

Good luck keeping it swirl and scratch free, oh and clean. :help:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L and Bristle Hound

View attachment 77095

View attachment 77096
Looks nice but I couldn't live with the tone difference on the back bumpers compared to the car!

You see it more if you turn the picture grey (gives you the idea of how I see it all the time lol)

Bw

Here's my Misano Red, looks even better in the flesh I think.

View attachment 77097

(NB this is the saloon though but you get the idea).

My neighbour has got a Misano RS3 and I am surprised how in certain lights it's has a very light orange ting to it.

Not a fan of red but seeing Misano in the flesh I am sold on it!

Looks nice but I couldn't live with the tone difference on the back bumpers compared to the car!

You see it more if you turn the picture grey (gives you the idea of how I see it all the time lol)

View attachment 77130
He's going to cancel his order now :tongueclosed:

Anyone got panther??

Some Daytona love ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Snake Pliskin

View attachment 77130

That's part of what I like so much about the colour - the shade differences on different parts and angles of the car ... I love it !

Floret is the first colour in a few years which really gave me the wow factor the minute I saw it. Audi do produce some stunning colours and floret is no exception - I've not seen any other silver on any other brand this deep & rich - the others are sticking to the bright piercing silver, which has been done to death and does not appeal to me.

The other thing with floret is that it contrasts amazingly with black so blending in black alloys, black mirrors, black window cappings, black front grille, black front valance and black rear diffuser plus privacy glass (importantly zero chrome) and you have a really great look IMO :sunglasses:

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06, RyyC and 1 other person
I've previously had a panther black TTS.

Looks amazing but absolute pig to keep looking amazing ....

He's going to cancel his order now :tongueclosed:

That's part of what I like so much about the colour - the shade differences on different parts and angles of the car ... I love it !

Floret is the first colour in a few years which really gave me the wow factor the minute I saw it. Audi do produce some stunning colours and floret is no exception - I've not seen any other silver on any other brand this deep & rich - the others are sticking to the bright piercing silver, which has been done to death and does not appeal to me.

The other thing with floret is that it contrasts amazingly with black so blending in black alloys, black mirrors, black window cappings, black front grille, black front valance and black rear diffuser plus privacy glass (importantly zero chrome) and you have a really great look IMO :sunglasses:
No please don't get me wrong, I think it's a great colour (proof = http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/spotters-thread-for-8v-chassis.198762/page-13#post-2509253) it's just that my eyes are trained to spot defects on new cars, so for me personaly it sticks out. Not that it's a defect as such, I just notice it on many colours.

I have a defect on my black bumper, nobody can see it until i point it out, then they look at me as if I'm mad!!! To me I'm like "It's there...how can you not see it?" lol :D

My defect post, almost got rid of the car because of it lol http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/can-you-see-this-defect.251445/

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
No please don't get me wrong, I think it's a great colour (proof = http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/spotters-thread-for-8v-chassis.198762/page-13#post-2509253) it's just that my eyes are trained to spot defects on new cars, so for me personaly it sticks out. Not that it's a defect as such, I just notice it on many colours.

I have a defect on my black bumper, nobody can see it until i point it out, then they look at me as if I'm mad!!! To me I'm like "It's there...how can you not see it?" lol :D

My defect post, almost got rid of the car because of it lol http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/can-you-see-this-defect.251445/

Ah right gotcha :)

Some serious scrutinisation there mate but fair play yes we pay a lot of money for these cars so want them right.

The other thing which draws me to silver is the last 2 cars I've had have been real pigs to look after and keep clean ie black then estoril blue.

I like my cars to be clean and these 2 dark colours have been really hard to keep on top of and then get dirty so easily and seeing all your hard work cleaning on a Sunday un-done immediately on a Monday morning can be quite demoralising.

Plus stone chips with soft paint !

Silver will hopefully give me some rest bite from this too. White was my next choice but it's just so damn common nowadays !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.