De-badging...best way?

S3 Rav

Reaction score
Hi all,

So in prep for summer I want to tidy the car up.

So far its had a thorough wash and clay and ready for a stage 1 polish and seal. (blackfire)

However I would like to de-badge the rear but wondering whats the best method to use?

Thanks,

Rav

Heat it up slowly with a hair dryer, then wiggle fishing line / dental floss between car and badge. No matter what you do it'll leave glue residue/marks which can be removed with tar/glue remover and then a polish

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotty75, Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Hi all,

So in prep for summer I want to tidy the car up.

So far its had a thorough wash and clay and ready for a stage 1 polish and seal. (blackfire)

However I would like to de-badge the rear but wondering whats the best method to use?

Thanks,

Rav

Not done myself, and I am sure others will provide more detail, but use tooth floss to remove badges, and then your chosen APC / Tar remover to remove the glue residue, then clean and polish away.

Reactions: Scotty75
Heat it up slowly with a hair dryer, then wiggle fishing line / dental floss between car and badge. No matter what you do it'll leave glue residue/marks which can be removed with tar/glue remover and then a polish

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ah, forgot the hair dryer bit

Reactions: Adam14
Dental floss is the best option, just don't be tempted to use your finger nail to remove the glue as this will sctratch the paint.

Be patient and use Tar remover then polish and protect with some wax.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
As above use the hair drier and fishing line, take your time and don't be tempted to yank it or pick the residue.
I use wd40 for that because it's cheap and easy to come by.
Then polish

Reactions: daytonamart
WD40 then boiling water, almost fall off no need for line .

Reactions: Scotty75, josul, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Thanks everyone for the advice.

I will have a crack at the weekend and let you know how i get on!

R

Reactions: NevMan
Just a quick update on this. Finally got around to this yesterday. Used the boiling water and WD40 approach which worked a treat. ObliTARate used after removal and polished down with mezerna power finish and jobs a goodn!

Thanks all for the help! Unfortunately no pics as i was in a rush to get it done before F1 starting.

R

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Scotty75 and josul
Dental floss is the best option, just don't be tempted to use your finger nail to remove the glue as this will sctratch the paint.

Be patient and use Tar remover then polish and protect with some wax.
This ^ :thumbs up: