Facelift Data service not available - Please insert a SIM card

scoobysnax_99

Reaction score
Hello All,

I live in the UK and have a 2017 facelift S3 with the 3 years embedded Audi Connect SIM which means I get access to the data services for free without the need to insert a SIM card. The service works OK for the most part except for the following message message which pops up whilst navigating:

105887-2c798915d49fc37534bf328653c0c959.jpg

The message seems to appear when the data signal is lost temporarily (i.e. for a second or so) and when the signal returns the message appears on the display for quite some time or until I press Back or Accept or Cancel. The picture above shows that I even have a full LTE signal right after the message appeared.
Whilst out driving the other day (not in the back and beyond) then message appeared twice in 60 minutes and sometimes appears a lot more frequently.

Does anyone else see this behaviour?

Regards,
scoobysnax_99

Attachments

• Data service not available.jpg
    Data service not available.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 386
Happens all the time to me, as I have to drive through a couple of known signal blackspots on the way to work.

Most annoying "error" message ever, there's literally nothing you can do about the message whilst driving, even if it were a fault. I wish there was a way to code it out completely.

Reactions: scoobysnax_99 and Audi Bairn
Have the same issue. I had a sim in my TT, tempted to buy a data sim just to do away with the message

Reactions: scoobysnax_99
Shambolic error message - definition of a Friday afternoon software release where the engineer can't be *****

I just transferred the SIM over from my PFL car so haven't tried the embedded SIM. I want to use the wifi hotspot so need my own SIM. Does sound like a bad error message though tbh.

Hello All,

I live in the UK and have a 2017 facelift S3 with the 3 years embedded Audi Connect SIM which means I get access to the data services for free without the need to insert a SIM card. The service works OK for the most part except for the following message message which pops up whilst navigating:

105887-2c798915d49fc37534bf328653c0c959.jpg

The message seems to appear when the data signal is lost temporarily (i.e. for a second or so) and when the signal returns the message appears on the display for quite some time or until I press Back or Accept or Cancel. The picture above shows that I even have a full LTE signal right after the message appeared.
Whilst out driving the other day (not in the back and beyond) then message appeared twice in 60 minutes and sometimes appears a lot more frequently.

Does anyone else see this behaviour?

Regards,
scoobysnax_99

Yup, also have a 2017 S3 and I get the same frequently.
I do live in a rural location near the hills and I've put it down to the black spots which I also experience with my mobile.

On mine it was fine for several months, then started playing up similar to above, but in the last week or so it seems to have settled back to normal again!

I got this error message too when i was using the sat nav in Google maps mode. I wonder if Google maps has lost data connection and then the error message appears. I'm going to try the sat nav on standard mode rather than Google mode and see if the error still appears.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and scoobysnax_99