Dash inserts

gray99y

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been thinking of changing the chrome inserts on my dash to red. The thin ones that go around the air vents and the ones around the screen and dials. Is there other colours available?
Or would i be better off doing it myself? If so would you wrap or spray? If anyone has done it can I see pics please?
Thanks Graham

I'm sure I've see the 'dipyourcar' guy plastidip his s4 trim on YouTube
Definetly possible to do it yourself if you get good with plastidip,
My advice Would be to practise with it, I keep plastidipping household items, much to my wife's delight

Reactions: gray99y and Chop.
think im gona have a go at this myself too once all the exterior chrome is gone, if i get roud to it first i'll stick something up

Reactions: gray99y
Yeah my exterior chrome is nearly all gone so that's why I was thinking interior. I have a black edition so not much chrome inside.
That's sounds like a good idea Shogun, I'm sure my wife won't mind.

haha, plates dipped, kettle dipped, cat dipped.......

good luck i'm hoping to dip my roof bars and window trim this week

i would love too but i'm near edinburgh so its a bit of a trek

Deff want to get to a meet sometime just needs to be a bit closer or a time i can make a wkd out of it :blackrs4:

haha, plates dipped, kettle dipped, cat dipped.......

good luck i'm hoping to dip my roof bars and window trim this week
Got a lot of horrible gold furnishings in my house (bathroom etc) which are now plasti dipped grey/silver
Because of course practise on your house rather than messing up your car.. Right guys???

Haha beauty of it is if you mess up it peals off anyway, have a go but give it a good few coats don't be shy

haha cars deff more important than the house

nearly all the bits i could get off have already been painted black so a bit of plati dip wont be a problem, he says.......

Deff want to get to a meet sometime just needs to be a bit closer or a time i can make a wkd out of it :blackrs4:
You should have a look on here, there's a few owners up your way.

Got a lot of horrible gold furnishings in my house (bathroom etc) which are now plasti dipped grey/silver
Because of course practise on your house rather than messing up your car.. Right guys???

Haha beauty of it is if you mess up it peals off anyway, have a go but give it a good few coats don't be shy
I'm sure I could find a few things in the house to dip.

Scottish Motor Show tomorrow?
By the way, I'm going to aitp7 if you change your mind, I'm in Ayrshire.
JG

@JG51 AUD cheers buddy if I do decide to head down with the boys I'll give you a shout

Would have deff been there tomorrow but I'm day shift weekend

Reactions: RS5 JON