Dash error codes - warning lights - have I a big problem?

Reddaddy67

Reaction score
Hi,
I've a 2008 2.0 tfsi and was just sitting in the car waiting fir the wife in Sainsbury car park when I realised I hadn't changed the time on the clock, incorrectly for the clock I pressed the left button on the dash and it started to scroll through all the possible warning lights.
This is now my concern as the 1st 3 were RED oil, brakes and coolant....
Ive only had the car 7 mths, it's been fully serviced at TSR and I've never had any warning lights or chimes come up while driving.
My oil level is ok so is my coolant although on minimum.
Are these scrolled warnings old stored codes or current problems that give me cause for concern?
Car is booked into the garage this Friday for some other work anyway but now I'm worried I have bigger issues and also why I've not had any lights on my dash while driving?
Cheers
Clive

I think that is just a dash test nothing to be worried about and no codes stored

That's what I was hoping but couldn't find it in the manual. So the RED test lights are just showing what could occur?

Reactions: Shiz94
That's what I was hoping but couldn't find it in the manual. So the RED test lights are just showing what could occur?
Yes. It just cycles through all of the dis warning lamps if you havent set the time yet what you must do is cycle the dis using the button on the right stalk until you find menu option go to set and then time and date.

Reactions: Reddaddy67
Cool that's a big relief then, thanks for that I was beginning to worry
I'll look at the clock after my lamb has gone down cheers