Dash Cam Install

alongden

Reaction score
Chaps, I have searched but couldn’t find anything.

I have a 2017 BE avant and have just bought a dash cam. Unfortunately it seems there is not 12v socket in the glove box and I don’t really want to have to go into the centre console for power?

Has anybody done any magical installs? Perhaps an easy way to take power near the mirror? Ideally I don’t want to do anything too invasive.

Cheers. AL

Which dash cam did you buy?

I have a NEXTBASE 512GW in my 2014 A6 Avant which I have hard wired into the car using a rather nifty hardwire kit they sell for it. I installed it myself, only took 30 mins. You do have to screw the ground connector to a metal part of the car. Where the fuse box is on drivers side, I just drilled a hole into the metal near there.

I tucked the wires under the headliner, down the A pillar (avoiding the airbag) and into the fuse box area. It needs tidying up a bit but I'm a bit busy to give it some proper time at the moment.

I hope this helps.

I bought a Nextbase 412GW from Halfords, paid £30.00 for them to install it which included the £20.00 Nextbase hardware kit, so in essence only £10.00 to install!! Bargain Halfords did a top job too with the installation, very neat.