DAS 6 Pro v Audi Paint

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All!

Well I have finally got around to using my DAS 6 Pro on my own car.
I watched all of Junkman's You Tube videos to get a feel for the techniques. I have then had plenty of practice on some body panels that I got from the local body shop and scratched them up good, and was amazed at how much correction I got.

The problem is, my current set up of Chemical Guys Hexlogic pads and Meguiars 105 & 205 doesn't seem to cut it.

I have spent a day so far on half of the bonnet with a Orange Hexlogic Pad and 105 but apart from removing a few scratches, it's not really touching it.

I realise that Audi paint is hard and it takes time, but surely not this long?????

I have very light scratches and swirl marks so it's nothing major.

Should I get a yellow (heavy Cut) CG Hexlogic pad?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
user_online.gif

Hi I've just used the same set up (check out the thread) and managed to remove nearly all the marks I had and leave the bonnet with a glass like feel.
What color is yours I can't c the pics on my phone I too used the junkman techniques with slow overlapping passes

I use a DAS-6 with Hex Logic orange and only Megs Ultimate Compound (not as much cut as 101) and get good results on my Misano S3.

DSC_0343.JPG

DSC_0344.JPG

That's only about 4 passes, one application of polish and not moved down to a white pad yet.