Dartford crossing

Mart

Reaction score
anyone else here use the Dartford Crossing regularly?
Have they found the queues even longer since putting the price up.

im guessing because people dont have the correct change any more ???? or has the increase confused the southerners lol

i have noticed all this week its been stupid! today i been workin late and had to drive from heathrow to thurrok. the cues were immence!

after doing my delivery at still 7:30pm the clockwise approch was tailed back from 30/31 all the way to the m11 turn off! thats seriously bum!

im gonna get out eirly doors tomorrow as i dont fancy the already mental Friday rush hour Plus this new congestion prob! Its not like the crossing dudes did not advertise the fact the tolls were going up! they been doing it for at least 2 weeks b4 hand. Why are people so thick.. its only gone up 50p for cars jeez!

strangely enough it, it was completely clear this morning. haha

Apparently the Dartford crosing is owned/operated by the French (pourquoi ? ***)..........the Queen Elizabeth Bridge was opened in 1991 and the tunnels a lot earlier, and by now both bridge & tunnels must have been paid for g*d knows how many times over by everyone using it.....

Question has to be WHY is there still a toll on this major road ?

cause the government make lot of money on it.
It's now classed as a congestion charge toll, even though it's the tolls that cause most of the congestion there.