Damaged Key Fob

Adrian76

Reaction score
My passenger wanted to turn on the Airbag (as we had a childseat in the front) unfortunately they were a little heavy handed trying to get the key out and in doing so they snapped on of the plastic clips. As far as I can see there is no other damage and the key still functions as normal. I am wondering without the extortionate price of replacing the entire key I can just replace the plastic part holding it all together?

Anybody any idea if this is possible or the best route to get it fixed?

2020 02 27 150031
2020 02 27 145955

The bit that has broken off is on the battery tray and can be removed completely from the key when changing the battery and you would have thought it should be available as a spare part but unfortunately I've just spoken to the parts dept at my local Audi dealer and they tell me it isn't a separate part and only comes with the full key (at silly money).

(I was having a look at my 3rd key, it was damaged at delivery so the dealer supplied a replacement but left me with 3 keys, and when I took the battery tray out I noticed part of mine was also broken so thought I see if I could get a replacement of my own).

Your best bet would probably be a breakers yard.

I'd get one of these: Amazon product
Had a similar thing for my S3 and they seem to fit well and would hold your key together I reckon ? I'm getting one to keep my key looking nice.

So I got one of these, which makes the key look nice !! I think @Adrian76 it would hold yours together. Available in a range of colours......
Key Fob