Damaged center console trim.

DanZ

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've managed to ruin the center console of my car today as some air freshener fluid dripped onto it. Sod's law, it dripped on the ashtray's lid so splattered all over the surroundings, if the ashtray would have been in the other cup I would have been saved, but hey-ho... As you can see in the pic I have splatter damage (the topcoat is peeling off) on the center console (2), the inside trim(1) and slightly on the outside trim(3).
I'm slightly OCD so I can't have a car like that. Likely I will have to order the parts new as the used ones will be damaged somehow (mine were pristine).
Now the questions:
- as I was considering retrofitting the led cupholder, can I order the upgraded console and do the wiring there? does anyone know the part number for this upgraded console and likely how much it'll be?
- if I go with replacing the console, will it come with all the buttons or i can use the ones from mine? If I have to use my buttons, is it straightforward to swap them around?
- are the inside and outside panels (1 and 3) easy to replace or they are part of the whole floor unit in which case I'm well in trouble?
- do you think them panels can be refurbished in case they are too expensive to replace? I don't think so but I'm trying my luck.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Inked..._LI.jpg
    Inked..._LI.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
Have you tried getting those marks off? I am surprised if air freshener is corrosive/damaging.
That said, I can’t understand why people have air freshers in their cars - what makes them so smelly?

Reactions: Philip Davies
Hi mate, unfortunately, the marks are not getting off, the rubbery paint on the plastics got damaged and got separated, so the panels are ruined I'm afraid. :(
I've done some digging and found this part number 8v2864261a (see pic), does anyone know the part number for the one with the led lights in the cupholder? i'm guessing it fits to my car?

Thanks,

Dan

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Hi all,

Sorry to keep asking these questions but I'm trying to fix my blunder somehow.
Been talking to Audi and also had a better look in my car and seems like the trim around the cupholder (marked with 1 in my original post) it's part of the whole floor centre console. This means unfortunately I need to buy the whole lot (£130 ish from the stealers). Before I do this I was wondering if I can paint it? Is the paint Audi used there available to buy? Or at least something similar with that satin feel to it? I would be happy to give it a go before spending the £130.
Thanks,

Dan

Dan I'd imagine the paint they use would need curing and also you would have to find out which one….also does it have a primer or lacquer ?
I'd pay the 130 and be done with it.

Reactions: DanZ
Well I got a new idea now!! :) I rather pay abit more and get the console with the leather knee pads (from the extended leather pack) but I'm not sure they are available in this country. I've found some codes online and they alwas take me to US sites. I'll try with the part request system on here, fingers crossed.

Hi all. Abit of an update:
8V2863241 A AKO - this is the part number for the console with leather knee pads for an RHD vehicle, in black with silver stitching. I've seen on some German forums that the knee pads are glued to the console so alot of people just remove the old ones and glue these on. However, I need the whole console as said before I've managed to damage my original one so no dodgy gluing for me. I promise I'll make a tutorial if I manage to do this retrofit (quite popular in Germany).
I still don't know however what's the part no for the cupholder with the led rings to save me all the work with melting the plastic tabs etc. The guy at the parts dept at Audi suggested if I can get a reg from a car which has the rings from the factory as he cannot look up other variants other than what i have on my car (quite a funny system they have). I know I'm asking alot but if there's one of you which is comfortable to give me his reg please do so in a PM.

Cheers!

Hi all. Abit of an update:
8V2863241 A AKO - this is the part number for the console with leather knee pads for an RHD vehicle, in black with silver stitching. I've seen on some German forums that the knee pads are glued to the console so alot of people just remove the old ones and glue these on. However, I need the whole console as said before I've managed to damage my original one so no dodgy gluing for me. I promise I'll make a tutorial if I manage to do this retrofit (quite popular in Germany).
I still don't know however what's the part no for the cupholder with the led rings to save me all the work with melting the plastic tabs etc. The guy at the parts dept at Audi suggested if I can get a reg from a car which has the rings from the factory as he cannot look up other variants other than what i have on my car (quite a funny system they have). I know I'm asking alot but if there's one of you which is comfortable to give me his reg please do so in a PM.

Cheers!
For a PFL or FL car? I have 2015 S3 with the factory cupholder LEDs. Happy to give you my reg if you need it.

Mate, you're a lifesaver. My car is a 2015 PFL. Can you PM me your reg pls? Also, can you take a pic of the part for me as I know some might have a different colour.
One other thing, I'm guessing yours is an automatic? I'm not sure if the automatics are the same as manual? Can someone confirm? The cutout looks the same to me and also from an engineering pow it doesn't make sense to make them different?
Cheers.

Mate, you're a lifesaver. My car is a 2015 PFL. Can you PM me your reg pls? Also, can you take a pic of the part for me as I know some might have a different colour.
One other thing, I'm guessing yours is an automatic? I'm not sure if the automatics are the same as manual? Can someone confirm? The cutout looks the same to me and also from an engineering pow it doesn't make sense to make them different?
Cheers.

Yeah, mines is an automatic but as you can see from the exploded view of the centre console, that shouldn't matter.

ThFI4ak.jpg

Mines looks like this...

4OfUPlb.jpg

JSrTbfx.jpg

i looked, for item 31 there is only 2 part numbers, one for LHD and the other is RHD. i never saw any PR codes for the illuminated cup holders.

i looked, for item 31 there is only 2 part numbers, one for LHD and the other is RHD. i never saw any PR codes for the illuminated cup holders.
Yeah the only way you’ll get the cup holder section with the LED rings fitted is to buy a used one with it already fitted. You can’t buy it new as one part.

Last edited:
Yeah the only was you’ll get the cup holder section with the LED rings fitted is to buy a used one with it already fitted. You can’t buy it new as one part.
Ah well... probably I'll have to do it myself but hated the melting bit. I can't believe they don't have a part with the ring there. What happens if you damage yours and want it replaced??
Thx for everything mate, you're a top man!

Reactions: sparkymark75