DAB Antenna Retrofit

GXCars

Reaction score
After visiting DJALIX yesterday to get my replacement MMI with DAB coded up to the car the final part of my DAB Retrofit is to get the oem antenna wired up so it's completely factory.

ETKA shows an extra amplifier in the tailgate but I wondered has anyone actually had sight of the amp in relation of how it's hooked up to the aerial which I'm assuming is in the rear screen and how the antenna is actually connected to the amp

I can strip the tailgate but I'm not sure what I'll find and how helpful it will be so if anyone has actually had the tailgate on a DAB equipped car apart and knows I'd be grateful

I'm just looking for a solution where the dab antenna is hidden

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

Yes I have it seem like I need one extra amp in the tailgate, the question is what does it connect to and how and if anyone knows before I strip the tailgate, its a £35 part but I assume it needs a cable to the head unit and some way of connecting to the rear screen aerial

Not sure about a rear screen aerial, which is why I was suggesting the parts database as I could not see any reference to one. I guess you might need to find someone who has done something similar. But personally I would bother as dab isn't really going to benefit you that much versus the cost and the effort...

I did a DAB conversion on my old Skoda. It needed a new (DAB) sharksfin aerial on the roof. The aerial had the signal amplifier inside it so it needed to be powered. Needed to drop the headlining to switch out the aerial but it all worked fine and was much better than FM. May be completely different on your car.

I've got a film antenna on the screen ATM that is OK but it needs an amplifier, ideally I'd like to fit the OEM solution as its likely to give me the best reception, I have thought about a different shark fin but it seems like the OEM is connected to the rear window

I guess I'm going to have to strip the tailgate and see if there is any pre installation there or I have to start from scratch

I love the DAB because I can annoy the kids with my sad 80's music !!

If anyone knows of a good covert solution for the aerial let me know

Anyone a answer how to retrofit a oem dab antenna cable with amplifier?
Amp already in the tailgate?

Thnx, i mean a original Audi part, need oem part number and better shop where to buy.
It is for a 8v Sportback 2013

After visiting DJALIX yesterday to get my replacement MMI with DAB coded up to the car the final part of my DAB Retrofit is to get the oem antenna wired up so it's completely factory.

ETKA shows an extra amplifier in the tailgate but I wondered has anyone actually had sight of the amp in relation of how it's hooked up to the aerial which I'm assuming is in the rear screen and how the antenna is actually connected to the amp

I can strip the tailgate but I'm not sure what I'll find and how helpful it will be so if anyone has actually had the tailgate on a DAB equipped car apart and knows I'd be grateful

I'm just looking for a solution where the dab antenna is hidden

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes. I stripped my tailgate and replaced with a new tailgate. Swapped the 3 antennas over. Easy job. I have the old tailgate still and will take a photo of where they are. I have the spare antennas in a tool box somewhere in the garage too.

Take off the lower big section of trim. Screw in the triangle holder, pop off the back of the backs of the lights, screws in there... lever the trim off.
Remove top part of the trim, if I recall there's screws to remove then lever it off and there you go, access to all antennas

20210814 141528

8v4 035 225 D with black connector is the correct DAB amplifier. Before buying check if your window is equipped with the soldered cable which connects to the amp.

This is my old tailgates

Attachments

• 439F95B4-294D-4160-AED9-5EC3B65147F4.jpeg
    439F95B4-294D-4160-AED9-5EC3B65147F4.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 98
This is my current tailgate

Attachments

• 3B97FAA9-686C-43ED-A1A3-F44372E58A35.jpeg
    3B97FAA9-686C-43ED-A1A3-F44372E58A35.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 123
  • 7750BBA9-DADE-4DB2-BD16-E57D87CA8B2C.jpeg
    7750BBA9-DADE-4DB2-BD16-E57D87CA8B2C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
  • 55575753-548F-4452-A433-60BB3843520E.jpeg
    55575753-548F-4452-A433-60BB3843520E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 108
8v4 035 225 D with black connector is the correct DAB amplifier. Before buying check if your window is equipped with the soldered cable which connects to the amp.
But you will not gain anything .. Audi doesn't improve these kind of things in car.. It would need longer time span.. So maybe only now cars made in 2020 or in new models you can expect little improvement.. But if you gonna source from 2016 or facelift there will be no any difference I bet the module will be the same..
You might get it worse.. There was always problem with the radio reception .. I have it bad and I had it bad on 8P older series ... If I you I would do some third party booster -amplifiers if you need good radio reception..

Reactions: MarcoV
But you will not gain anything .. Audi doesn't improve these kind of things in car.. It would need longer time span.. So maybe only now cars made in 2020 or in new models you can expect little improvement.. But if you gonna source from 2016 or facelift there will be no any difference I bet the module will be the same..
You might get it worse.. There was always problem with the radio reception .. I have it bad and I had it bad on 8P older series ... If I you I would do some third party booster -amplifiers if you need good radio reception..

Any tips?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Any tips?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk