Cupra r calipers will they fit???

Andy avant b5

Reaction score
Hi there have been offered a set of front 4 pot calipers from a cupra r does anyone know if they will fit a a4 b5 1.8t avant cheers

Tempted to say yes but I'm not 100% sure on b5's... guessing you mean for the fronts going 288 to 312?

I am already running the 312mm discs upgrade but with the standard 1 pot caliper

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/brembo-18z-shopping-list.311384/

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/brembo-18z-brake-upgrade-project.312249/

I know people will argue you can never have enough stopping power but they're a bit overkill unless it's a track car, I have 2.0T Special Edition 320mm front and 288mm rear which coupled with braided brake lines, racing fluid, drilled and groved discs, Brembo pads, lightweight wheels and PS4 tyres are quite adequate, may sound crazy the biggest stopping improvement was from the wheels and tyres.

I think you might be right mate just priced it up and it's pretty expensive too

Yeah unfortunately I hit the same dilemma, same with the B6 S4 245mm brakes; discs and pads go up pretty crazily in price when going bigger too.

Last edited:
To be honest I've got the 312mm upgrade it does the job just fine I've only got 190bhp once I modify it it's only going to have 240-250 so should still be OK

If you are going to increase the disc size, dont forget to allow for the extra clearance required for both disc and calipers, inside the wheel cavity.

Quite a lot of people carry out these upgrades then are surprised when the wheel will no longer fit over the disc and calipers and had to go and purchase new wheels and tyres to suit.

Also dont forget to upgrade your tyres too, its no good having a tyre with a crap coefficient of friction and the best set of discs and calipers going, if the tyre isnt going to let you take advantage of the extra braking power.

Reactions: Andy avant b5