crash sensor location

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
My friend has had a smash.......airbag went off(curtain-drivers side) and seat airbag.........he's going to replace airbags,but need to replace the crash sensor as data will be stored in it,which wont allow airbag light to turn off........where is the sensor stored?
also he was hit on back arch drivers side.........any other sensors that will need replacing? any ideas/tips would be gratefull.

55 plate sportback.

It seems that there are multiple crash sensors on the A3. Front: either side of the radiator, Side: on each 'C' pillar, and Rear: in front of each rear wheel arch. Suggest you take a look at the one(s) nearest to the impact point. Good luck.

ive been told by a garage that just reset it with a diagnostics.i.e vcds or similar...so i dont think anything will need replacing.....it was on rear arch..........thanks.
It seems that there are multiple crash sensors on the A3. Front: either side of the radiator, Side: on each 'C' pillar, and Rear: in front of each rear wheel arch. Suggest you take a look at the one(s) nearest to the impact point. Good luck.