Couple of things please?.

RS3 S.

Reaction score
Been offered a really good price on a set of genuine 19" 5 arm wing alloys & tyres. 1- do you really need the Mag ride suspension if fitting 19'' alloys?. 2- does anyone know if the center cap/wheel bolt covers from the 18" 5 twin spoke alloys will fit the '' wing'' alloys as I think these look better than the 5 individual bolt covers. 3- the little wing blades fitted to the arches when riding on 19'' alloys,would these really need to be fitted ( I would like it to be o.e looking) so I suppose they can be fitted?. Part numbers for the wing blades would be great please.
Thanks in advance.

What's the overall diameter difference between the 18's and the 19s? I can't help but think that the "19's must be combined with magnetic ride" thing is a money making tactic, but I guess it might make for a crashy ride without mag ride.

I think the overall diameter would be the same as the 18'' is a 40 profile tyre & the 19'' is 35 profile.

1. NO
2. NO
3. NO but you can if you want.

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS3 S. and jungle650
What's the overall diameter difference between the 18's and the 19s? I can't help but think that the "19's must be combined with magnetic ride" thing is a money making tactic, but I guess it might make for a crashy ride without mag ride.

I think the overall diameter would be the same as the 18'' is a 40 profile tyre & the 19'' is 35 profile.

The 235/35x19 are 10mm larger diameter than 225/40x18.

Reactions: jungle650
NO
NO
NO but I'd like these too! Having had a close look at QST's RS I think these are part of the arch liner assembly.

48c19acbeac297e0cb035f4c19f100bb.png

Cov audi gave me these part numbers when I was asking for a quote.. This is just the LH and RH rears not the fronts.
From what I remember they were about £120 for the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3 S. and Jassyo06
Right I'm going to have the alloys. Will the wheel bolts from my standard 18" alloys be the same as the 19" ones?. Thanks guys.

Right I'm going to have the alloys. Will the wheel bolts from my standard 18" alloys be the same as the 19" ones?. Thanks guys.

Cool - should look the mutts !!

I would think so but best to double check with a friendly Audi parts guy, also remember that cars with wing arms from the factory have plastic covers over the heads of the wheel bolts purely cosmetic but sounds like you'll be needing them.

Reactions: RS3 S. and Jassyo06
Did you find out if the bolts will fit as i am doing the same when i get my S3

Reactions: pburv