Couple of questions a6 2.0 tdi 170

jebby

Reaction score
Hi all I have a couple of questions I have an 09 a6 Le Mans 2.0tdi 170 and quite concerned about the mpg. I'm getting on average 34 mpg mixed motoring which can't be right surely?? I've checked for fault codes on vcds and there are none so what could I look out for? Also when I open the drivers door it's making a clicking noise coming from the area where the picture shows it seems to be on 2 of the moves on the hinge if that makes sense?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389812070834234

Is there much grease on there, Audi use a clear grease which difficult to see on photos. If it just a bit dry then buy some clear grease you can buy it in spray cans and cost is around £5.

I just sold my 2010 A6 same model as yours and when i first got it i thought it was poor on fuel but as miles went on it got much better, no reason i can think of either, but i would get 40's no problem (mixed) and 50-52 on longer runs. As above o the grease, get some on it and see if it cures it mate fingers crossed.

Manual or Multitronic? Multitronic seems to be much more prone to driving style and conditions usually delivering lower fuel consumption

its multitronic and i hardly touch the throttle cause if i did it would be less mpg than that lol!! i will try the clear grease this weekend cheers.

another problem ive encountered i have rear parking sensors and when i put it in reverse it beeps, goes off but the sensors dont work at all anyone have any ideas what this could be?

its multitronic and i hardly touch the throttle cause if i did it would be less mpg than that lol!! i will try the clear grease this weekend cheers.

another problem ive encountered i have rear parking sensors and when i put it in reverse it beeps, goes off but the sensors dont work at all anyone have any ideas what this could be?
Hi Jebby
I have 2009 A6 Le Mans and my rear sensors have the same problem as yours it bleeps once but it's higher pitched and longer, after that it doesn't bleep again until you turn ignition off and back on again, also the radio still lowers as if they are working but they do not bleep.