Counting the days until 1st September

Paul Meehan

Reaction score
so who else is watching the calendar, wishing their life away until the 1st of September and new car day! . Or is that just me!

Getting the following

A5 coupe 252 Quattro S Line in glacier white
Tech pack
Sound and comfort pack
Pano sunroof
Privacy glass
Flat bottom steering wheel
19’s multi spoke alloys

Come on time, move faster!!!

Haha, very nice spec car mate. Love the engine, have the same 252 in my Mar 18 Q5, so bit soon for me to change again...or Not...lol
Look forward to the pics :icon thumright:

Reactions: Sandra
so who else is watching the calendar, wishing their life away until the 1st of September and new car day! . Or is that just me!

Getting the following

Tech pack
Sound and comfort pack
Pano sunroof
Privacy glass
19’s multi spoke alloys

Nice spec and we look forward to pics. Sorry we can’t make time go faster though.

Reactions: NevMan
I remember back last year ordering my car in June and waiting until November. It was a drag! :D Well worth the wait however!

Reactions: Sandra and NevMan
Sounds like a lovely motor - that you’re going to really enjoy when it gets here. And it could be worse - I ordered mine in August ‘17 and collected March ‘18. The longest 6 months of my life - think I must have watched every YouTube A5/S5 preview, review, group test, comparison etc. etc. hundreds of time each!

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra

Getting the following

Tech pack
Sound and comfort pack
Pano sunroof
Privacy glass
19’s multi spoke alloys

It’ll be a peach of a car - I keep seeing more and more A/S/RS5 and boy they are beautiful cars. My old S5 was amazing and I’d have another one tomorrow...

SRB93. I ordered it in March, px’d My S3 then and have been driving my sons Corsa since!

It’s been a long 6 months but almost over.

Pics will follow

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
I recall ordering the S3 in October 2014 for March 2015 delivery, it seemed like ages to wait! Yet it's almost 4 years since then and the S3 has gone and the A5 is here, those 4 years have flown by! It's a year this month since I ordered the A5!!! Time goes too fast.

I recall ordering the S3 in October 2014 for March 2015 delivery, it seemed like ages to wait! Yet it's almost 4 years since then and the S3 has gone and the A5 is here, those 4 years have flown by! It's a year this month since I ordered the A5!!! Time goes too fast.

How did you feel going from the S3 to the A5? I loved my S3 but wanted something a bit more comfortable and more of a cruiser, with a bit of poke when needed. Did look at the S5 but couldn’t justify the extra cash. Just put more toys on the A5 !

I loved my S3 but wanted something a bit more comfortable and more of a cruiser
That's the exact reason why I changed, I loved the S3 but got fed up of feeling every single bump in the road and having all the local boy racers driving up my rear trying to push me to boot it!, sometimes I just wanted a nice chilled comfy ride with minimal effort, hence the A5/s-tronic (S3 was manual). We normally drive up to Scotland at least twice a year to go walking, so I thought "big and comfy to get there", since having the A5 we haven't been once lol, because of the bad weather over winter/spring we decided to go abroad this year, so we booked Menorca for the start of June and then Madeira last week, now looking at Lanzarote for October, so I've done less than 4,000 mile in 9 months! Normally each Scotland trip is about 1,500 mile.

I mainly drive in 30/40 mph limits and have also noticed more and more roads are dropping to 50 limits, roads which used to be 60 or 70! with average speed cameras popping up all over the place, so the S3 was an overkill. It was also a constant worry if it would still be there when I got back! The A5 is great, so comfy and you don't feel any bumps! Not to mention it has more things as standard. I occasionally miss the S3, but not enough to go out and buy another one! Because of the low miles I'm now doing, I'm thinking of downsizing to the new A1, or new Q3 next time.

https://beta.audi.co.uk/models/a1/new-a1-sportback.html

https://beta.audi.co.uk/models/q3/new-q3.html

Ha ha. I had to smile reading your reply S32B as those are pretty much my reasons, less the trips to Scotland!

My S3 was manual too but looking forward to the DSG.

23 days and counting.......

My S3 was manual too but looking forward to the DSG.

23 days and counting.......
Ohhh the s-tronic is great, I was always a die hard manual fan, but whatever I get next will be s-tronic :)

Reactions: cuke2u, NevMan and Sandra
You’re gonna love it. Had my 252PS sportback for two months now. Thought my 4 month wait was bad, so you must be climbing the walls! Didn’t put quite as much kit on mine as you have, but still happy with the tech. I come from 8 years of A5 3.0TDI coupes, but am really loving being in a five door with this sublime TFSI engine. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep can’t wait. Been a loooooonnng 6 months! Like an Op Tour!
Roll in the 1st

I know Sandra! To make it worse, parked at work this morning (currently driving my sons black Corsa, and 5 mins later this parks next to me. Almost the exact same spec as what I have ordered!!

Attachments

• E309CE40-5715-412F-AD3E-C582F699C76F.jpeg
    E309CE40-5715-412F-AD3E-C582F699C76F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 340
I know Sandra! To make it worse, parked at work this morning (currently driving my sons black Corsa, and 5 mins later this parks next to me. Almost the exact same spec as what I have ordered!!
How dare they do that to you Paul. It just makes the waiting worse. Hopefully this week and next will fly in. Just keep yourself busy. :) x

very close :icon thumright:. What time are you collecting Paul?

Last edited:
10am mate. Went down yesterday and did the financial bits and saw the car. Was in touching distance!

Photos to follow tomorrow :)

Nice! Look forward to the pics, exciting times.

10am mate. Went down yesterday and did the financial bits and saw the car. Was in touching distance!

It’s here! Hope handover all going smoothly

Looking forward to the pics. Hope the collection went well. Enjoy the new car Paul. :)

Got it!! Love it. More photos later.

Attachments

• 6FFE776F-FB75-4405-9DC9-99127B5DA721.jpeg
    6FFE776F-FB75-4405-9DC9-99127B5DA721.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 348
Reactions: SPIKE_, Pinky1959, cuke2u and 3 others
72166FBA 912C 46C3 96FB 66499633B8E1
21273C5A DB2B 42CA A502 63659A0E7EDD
EE6DA07E 5D41 44BA A121 557246D79215
7E347ADC D1F4 41A8 8CFD EECFA1C79794
Few more photos. Top tip, order the B&O. Totally worth the money!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SPIKE_, Pinky1959, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Few more photos. Top tip, order the B&O. Totally worth the money!
Very nice mate, have they put their plate surrounds on the front and rear? Handy if they have as you can just switch them over for ones that don't advertise for them and your plates aren't drilled ;):)

I got this for the rear, about £10 from my local dealership https://store.audi.co.uk/audi-sport-number-plate-holder-3291401400.html I tried it on the front to see what it looked like, but prefered just the plate on its own on the front.

How about a little mod??? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and rasA4
Agree with the rear Audi Sport surround make a real difference

Reactions: Paul Meehan and NevMan
Very nice mate, have they put their plate surrounds on the front and rear? Handy if they have as you can just switch them over for ones that don't advertise for them and your plates aren't drilled ;):)

I got this for the rear, about £10 from my local dealership https://store.audi.co.uk/audi-sport-number-plate-holder-3291401400.html I tried it on the front to see what it looked like, but prefered just the plate on its own on the front.

How about a little mod??? :)

View attachment 164230

Agree, have hat on my Q5 at the back. Wouldn’t go front though as parking sensors will be too close

Reactions: Paul Meehan
Just taken one now so you can see it better:

2d

Last edited:
Reactions: rasA4, Paul Meehan, NevMan and 1 other person
@Paul Meehan car looks amazing Paul. Love the wheels. Enjoy :)

Reactions: Paul Meehan and NevMan
You need to add your banners below your avatar now since you collected the car Paul

@Paul Meehan you will be glad to hear this! The A5 coupe seems to be holding prices well!

I was wondering how much I owe on mine so I called the automated settlement line up and got the figure :) Bearing in mind that I've only had the car 10 months into a 3 year PCP, the px price is coming in at £500 more than I owe on the car...which is good when you think I only paid a deposit of £1,000 :)

So using man maths! in theory I could switch cars again for £500 :)

Reactions: Paul Meehan, Simonwhite2000 and Sandra
How do I do that Sandra??
top right click on your username
then signature
then look on left hand side under signature click on join user groups then select the relevant groups