corrosion warranty - 12 years? rust above wheel arch

C

colicabcadam

hi chaps, i have a small area on my rear wheel arch that has started to rust, is it covered under warrenty? does this 12 years corrosion warrenty exist?

my cars a 51 plate, 2002 model, so it's just coming upto 10 years of age.

how would i start the warranty claim? anyone had a similar situation.

There used to be a whole sticky of corrosion warranty claims - who had tried where, and which dealers were no fuss. Give it a search and you should find it.

Im going to go into Worthing Audi tomorrow, I got roof rail corrosion.... I bet they reject!

Im going to go into Worthing Audi tomorrow, I got roof rail corrosion.... I bet they reject!
I had an uphill battle with them on a door claim. They paid in the end. Good luck!

I am currently looking to get my A3 sorted. Its a 53 registered in 04 and have noticed some bubbling on the front wheel arch. Audi Dundee checked it over but the decision is apparently made by aberdeen for warranty claims. They said that thought the wing needs replaced they are not willing to do this as i should have spotted it before now! I tool the car in as soon as i noticed it and that was roughly 6 weeks ago. So not only did they take an age to get back to me they said they wouldnt do what they deemed necessary. They instead offered to respray the wing and as a good will gesture pay 70% of the cost! I would still have to pay 30% (£90) for something that should be covered under warranty!! I am not accepting that! Its a cop out!!

A3 2.0tdi Sport 53reg - 140bhp

I am currently looking to get my A3 sorted. Its a 53 registered in 04 and have noticed some bubbling on the front wheel arch. Audi Dundee checked it over but the decision is apparently made by aberdeen for warranty claims. They said that thought the wing needs replaced they are not willing to do this as i should have spotted it before now! I tool the car in as soon as i noticed it and that was roughly 6 weeks ago. So not only did they take an age to get back to me they said they wouldnt do what they deemed necessary. They instead offered to respray the wing and as a good will gesture pay 70% of the cost! I would still have to pay 30% (£90) for something that should be covered under warranty!! I am not accepting that! Its a cop out!!

A3 2.0tdi Sport 53reg - 140bhp

Im not expert- but surely the only way in fixing a problem like that is to either replace the arch or cut it out and replace that section?? I thought that once rust has started- it's pretty much game over. So if they were to just respray it- wouldn't the same problem occur in months/years time?

I too am also waiting for a response from my local Audi (posted in the other forum). I have put in 4 individual claims, and they are all in different processes... bubbling on roof rails, bubbling around lock on the bootlid, rust :( on the inner front wing, and the first signs of uneven paint/bubbling on the other arch.

Into the 4th week now! Will post the results in the other forum..