Corroded Hose Fitting I.D.

Tiger

Reaction score
Behind the right radiator fan (as you look in the engine bay) I have a badly corroded hose fitting, i'm concerned that it could fail and was wondering if anyone could I.D. it?

The car is a 1998 1.8T with aircon (as it could be an aircon hose?)

The leaf was included by accident but gives good idea of scale :yes:

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Ben

Looks like the car has been sitting for a while or on Brighton beach. Anyways, thats the power steering fluid line from the pump to the rack.

They are rather expensive to replace. I don't think you will have a problem with it. Rub it down with a wire brush and sand paper and chuck a lick of hammerite on it.

The bizarre thing is, the car is in mint condition and there's no serious corrosion on any other part as far as I can see, could have been cheap zintec ***** thats been replaced at some point. Cheers for the info mind you, i'll try and clean it up.

There's no sign of a leak, I had my hand round the back of the joint and its dry, the plastic undertray has a couple of broken screws and it appears its scooped up a bit of crud by the look of things, maybe thats why its corroded, if the tray is scooping up winter road salt over the winter months then that would at least answer why it went in the first place.