Coolant life A3 Sportback

Teslatel

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to this forum so be gentle. Topped up my coolant today very small amount but, it then occured to me really about time I changed the whole lot (4 years old 67,000. Therefore,
why does my Audi manual state
Do not change the coolant? Athough the coolant looks clean and free from contaminants I always thought that fluid should be changed at least every two years??
Thanks folks...

If it bothers you, drop the rad corner bottom pipe, it's , a empty, it's a pain, refill, do this slowly so as to not cause air pockets, then start the car up, circulate, turn of, let settle, refill to the line, then startup, check pipes to make sure all are getting hot & take return pipe of the bottle to check for return coolant.

Generally I leave the coolant lid of over night to allow to settle & if need be bleed of the small pipes that on my car are just behind the rad to corner passenger side.

Reactions: Teslatel
Provided the VW group spec coolant has not been changed for some of different spec, no need to change it. The G12 or G13 spec (not sure whether this is the current VW spec mind) pink coolant is good for the life of the car, however, you're going to get at least some of it changed when you have a water pump change or possibly other engine works.

If it bothers you, drop the rad corner bottom pipe, it's , a empty, it's a pain, refill, do this slowly so as to not cause air pockets, then start the car up, circulate, turn of, let settle, refill to the line, then startup, check pipes to make sure all are getting hot & take return pipe of the bottle to check for return coolant.

Generally I leave the coolant lid of over night to allow to settle & if need be bleed of the small pipes that on my car are just behind the rad to corner passenger side.

Hi thanks for the quick response and help. Like the tip re leave the filler off over night. Thanks, a job for over Xmas hols maybe?