Community speed watch hypocrites are all around us.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just randomly reading some motoring pages on the interwebby this afternoon when I came across this article.

It just sounds so familiar to other articles from numerous different counties recently.
I have no issues with community speed watch, they do good work most of the time when the operatives use a degree of common sense and judgement, but it seems so many of them let the power of using a speed camera go to their heads.
This article just echoes that, and some of those village do-gooders are just a bunch of hypocrites anyway.
I know of two recent incidents where members of a so-called " community speed watch " team were prosecuted for, guess what, speeding in the very same village .
one was handed a fine for doing 39mph and the other took a speed awareness course even though she was clocked at 41mph in the 30mph zone .
both were members of the "team" and both residents in the village, talk about hypocrites or what.

Anyway, just a little bit from me.
best watch out for angry looking OAP's in mad hatter tall hats now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
I sympathize with your point of view, and would agree that some of these "speed watch teams" are their own worst enemy.

I have no sympathy for Mr Dewhurst though who I think is an over sensitive snowflake type.

Personally, if I knew I was driving correctly I would have told the old biddy to go and do something more productive, and given a friendly two fingered wave.

I agree, he's a bit of a soft-c**k snowflake. I'd have ignored them as they have no legal powers whatsoever.

Reactions: OolongA7
Community speed watch...... they must be really really bored

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Putting aside the driver, it is the blatant hypocrisy of many speed cam operators and teams, they are supposedly looking to help reduce accident etc , which is always good but in the next breath they are some of the worse offenders of village speeding.

Reactions: V6Tom and Garrett 69