Come On In Lads, The Beers Free!

Sounds very nice Dave. Out for a few tonight at a friends. Real ones, not virtual. Apart from one beer last week this will be first in near on 4 months. But driving in the morning so will only be a couple.

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Think I could manage a few of those. Make it so Dave:)

Just tell me where and when

Got introduced to Caipirinha's at a conference in Berlin a few years back, stopped counting after 6...was a good night, so I have been told

Reactions: Simon L, SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Reactions: Simon L, SpeedyFrog and Jassyo06
Been out today & got a couple of cases of this -

Upload 2016 8 5 16 26 57

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/brahma-12-x-330ml-bottles-6-morrisons-2490308

So looks like the beers on me tonight :D

Reactions: Simon L, Scottyg, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
Re-direct placed on this thread that expires after 14 days

Don't want to get into trouble lol

Reactions: pburv
Right why is this thread here l thought we where all goin down the boozer... To gif til all our wee brains are inebriated lol

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Well, I'm definitely a cheap date. 3 bottles of Corona and I'm home. Well, I do tell a fib. 3 Corona's plus pain and painkillers and I'm in bed! How the f*** am I going to manage a full day at work with my ****** back! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and Simon L
Hello from Mexico ;)

Plentry of free beer here I'll stand you all a round of yer favourite tipple lol Beautiful day today tan coming on a treat. .....wish you were here :)

........as for manual v S-tronic. ........manuals are for fags any real man knows that lol

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg, Sandra and 2 others
Well put Si from 5000 miles away. Hope you have great weather for the rest of your stay. And bring me back some Tacos. :friends:

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and Simon L
I've just had a holiday and need another one to recover from all the decorating.
I'll be glad to get back to work on Monday...!

Reactions: Sandra, Scottyg and pburv
"Ola' From Majorca :hearteyes:
DSC 0481

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Bristle Hound, Scottyg and 2 others
And here's me thankful that I got the grass cut in not so sunny Dingwall, before it pi$$ed down.......lol.
Back to the paper hanging...!

And here's me thankful that I got the grass cut in not so sunny Dingwall, before it pi$$ed down.......lol.
Back to the paper hanging...!
Rain has just started here. Was a lovely sunny morning. :)

Reactions: pburv and Jake 61
767 pages since 2011!!! We can do that in a week here! :p

I'll start it off to make my point: Manual vs Lazy-Tronic...which is for men? :D
We're more than half way through the second decade of the 21st century, and still making new cars fitted with a mechanical clutch operated by a pedal in order to select gears. Really? We might as well still be using typewriters.

Itchen_zpswj1leplx.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, pburv and Sandra
We're more than half way through the second decade of the 21st century, and still making new cars fitted with a mechanical clutch operated by a pedal in order to select gears. Really? We might as well still be using typewriters.

Itchen_zpswj1leplx.jpg

lol It connects the man and the machine ;) Maybe when I get old, lazy or lose the use of my left leg I'll go auto :p The automatic car is going to tell you what to do, and ultimately make you its bitch :D

lol It connects the man and the machine ;) Maybe when I get old, lazy or lose the use of my left leg I'll go auto :p The automatic car is going to tell you what to do, and ultimately make you its bitch :D
Starting a car with a starting handle connected man (or woman) to machine before a better way came along.

lol I thought about this thread about an hour back! I just nipped into Lexus to have a look around, a car caught my eye and the sales woman pestered me to death before I said yes to a test drive tomorrow.

They don't do any manual cars...this is what I'm taking out for an hour:

(pics from Auto trader)

media

media

media

media

Reactions: pburv and jdp1962
There's one of these parked in the next street from me. Very striking-looking in metallic blue. I've not driven one, so can't offer any feedback but seem to recall Clarkson hating it on Top Gear. Be interested to hear your impressions after the drive.

There's one of these parked in the next street from me. Very striking-looking in metallic blue. I've not driven one, so can't offer any feedback but seem to recall Clarkson hating it on Top Gear. Be interested to hear your impressions after the drive.
Yeah she showed me a blue one they had there and I pointed out the swirls on it lol, it did look nice, but I prefer it in white and white is easy to look after!.

I'll let you know how it goes and take some pictures/video.

Reactions: pburv and Bristle Hound
Be interested to hear your impressions after the drive.
Sacked it/her off, she was a pain in the ***! Even before I got there for the test drive she wanted to know the settlement figure on the S3, so she could work out prices on the new one. Then argued with me that there is always equity in a PCP at the end if they are set up right! Then contradicted herself later by saying "If the car is worth less than what you owe at the end you just hand it back", when I pulled her on this she said "Oh if you put 15% down you normally get 5% equity at the end".

The nail in the coffin was when I asked "What will you give me for my S3?", to which she replied "I need to know what you owe before I can give you a valuation"..."Ermmm no you don't, the car has a value no matter if I owe £30k, £15k or nothing", "Yes we need the amount you owe before we can give you a price for yours".....I felt like saying ***k **f love. But I stayed calm and politely told her to forget all about it.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jake 61, pburv and 2 others
Surprised you didn't walk earlier. Why do sales people do this and lose a possible sale into the bargain.

Your car is worth X no matter what. Silly girl.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
Surprised you didn't walk earlier. Why do sales people do this and lose a possible sale into the bargain.
As I've grown older I have slightly more patience! :) My next car purchase will be the same as this one, go in with my price from carwow etc. printed out, if you can match that I'll sign today, if you can't then goodbye.

Your car is worth X no matter what. Silly girl.
Exactly :D

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jake 61, pburv and 1 other person
You sometimes think that THEY think we are daft. It just puts you off going back to that dealer. As it probably has with you.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jake 61 and pburv