Coilover Recommendations

PetrolAholic

Reaction score
Hey all, I have posted something similar in the RS4 section but have had no responses so I am posting here as someone may be able to help.

Basically i'm looking for some coilovers for my RS4, just want the car to be a bit lower and look more aggressive, I have on order some MTM 8mm wheel spacers and some other MTM goodies but wanted some ideas on what coilovers to go for. Have had some cars in the past and fitted TEIN Fully adjustable coilovers so can adjust damping for track and road use in the cockpit, are there any similar systems compatible for my car?

For an RS4 i think your going to have to go down the KW route! I'm buying some shortly - we should team up and try and get a healthy discount!

Sounds like a plan, i'm assuming the KW brand are pretty good then? Not really heard that much of them before, always know Eibach H&R Koni etc etc.

Just sorting my list to send to santa lol. Think i'm being too greedy to ask for an MTM Supercharger kit too ...

For an RS4 I would only go down one route, which is Bilstien PSS9's. These are the prefered option with the RS6 owners as the standard set up on the 4 and 6 are quite similar. Trust me if its the only mod you do this is what you need.

Anyone had any experience with these?

EURO DAMPER | Product || TEIN UK LIMITED

Ran a similar system on a Skyline R33. Ride was firm but not back breaking + with the in car adjustment was ideal for them track days!

Looking into the Billsteins but can't really find that much info...

Wasn't sure tein done a set-up for the RS4. Seriously look into the Billies you won't find better, unless you are on a budget. The Billies improve the handling and stance and comfort wise I can't say as the DRC on my RS6 was ****** so nothing to compair with the standard set-up.

I have a set of PSS9 for sale for A4.

I recently changed my B6 2.5TDi for a B7 3.0 TDi and took the PSS 9 kit off the B6 to return it to standard suspension prior to selling it. The kit has done 17,000 miles mostly fast motorway and upsetting a few people at the Ring. New kit is about £1650 so will be looking for under £1000 and will be posting this up in the classifieds soon.

These will fit B6 and B7 chassis cars and I have decided to sell them as I will be putting funds toward another set of Bilsteins for the 911 in the garage.

Cheers

Last edited:
IMHO I would fit the FK suspension to any std set up A4/S4 for looks as it is a good mod and will do the job nicely. However on the RS4 I would only fit the PSS9's as I would be looking for looks and performance. Visit the RS246 website and ask the question amongst other owners, they will advise you on the best set-up

Hey all thanks for your valued responses. And my apoligies for my such late reply (been a little busy with work)

Getting a good idea of what to go for now, seriously looking into the Bilsteins atm, seems very promising. Will place my order in december and fit over xmas whilst the cars off the road all wrapped up in storage lol.

Well to be honest this will be the first winter for my ownership of it, and as hairy as it gets even when it rains with aquaplaning I just don't want to risk it. Still got other toys to play with in winter lol.

Bilstien B8's with a lowering spring (usually Eibach or H&R) seems to be the way forward for 8L S3's, might be worth a look.

Bilstien B8's with a lowering spring (usually Eibach or H&R) seems to be the way forward for 8L S3's, might be worth a look.

PetrolAholic is after Coilover recomendations Dane, not springs and dampers. Although I agree this is a good set up for the S3 8L's. I went with Eibach and Bilstiens on my S3. Also opted for Powerflex polybushes and thought they made the car much sharper.