1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code 00561

mojocvh Oct 29, 2018

1. mojocvh

mojocvh Member

Well just had this code flag up.

Symptoms :rough idle immediately after start, doesn't really want to to go for a split second after releasing key, 500 or so rpm.

Has done this twice now, two month or so apart, this is the first time a fault code has been registered.

Idles fine once it picks itself up.

MAF was replaced 'bout year ago after completely different symptoms of overfueling...

X4 plugs replaced 3 weeks ago iridium ngk [real ones] old plugs X3 colour fine grey brown. X1 light cream......plugs were however WELL overdue having been replaced some 30k before I bought it some 50k ago.

coincidental / red herring items.....?

Last time this occurred was after fuelling from a particular ASDA. Guess where I'd just fuelled from again.

Seems to happen after a heat soak.

What with the spark plug colour thing & before the fault code registering, I was thinking coil pack on light coloured spark plug cylinder on way out. Not sure at all now.

Can you do any checks on injectors ie resistance etc?

I replaced the injector O ring seals about 2-3 years ago when there was a petrol smell in that area. That isn't there just now though.

Kinda stumped with which way to go with this without the obvious throw money [that I don't have] at it.

Any advice will be welcome. I have info from ross tech re fault code [cant upload screenshot for some reason] seems fuel biased not spark.

Mo.