Clutch problem

RS03_SEN

Reaction score
Hi.
Was reversing into a parking space today and when I went to move forwards, the revs went up but the car wouldn't move. It was definitely in drive and handbrake off. It's happened a few times now so wondering if my clutch is on its way out? Car is 2015 with just under 40k miles.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Would recommend doing/getting done a gearbox adaptation reset first as this many times can cure odd issues with drivability.

Reactions: ArrEssDrei
Could be the Mech unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would recommend doing/getting done a gearbox adaptation reset first as this many times can cure odd issues with drivability.
The gearbox was mapped last April. Would this reset remove that?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. It got me thinking to an issue I've had the past few weeks late/short shifting, and bogging in 2nd on launch control. Just gave the adaptation a go with OBDEleven (I'd recommend using a VCDS as this was a bit flakey) and I'm pretty astounded how much better the car feels, shifts and so far the shift/bog seems to be resolved. Reading some other sources apparently a lot of folk do this adaptation fairly often, and some even after every pass at the drag strip. Definitely recommend this on any tuned car.

My reverse gear can be a bit laggy as well like there is nothing there. Seems a bit improved after a drive after the adaptation.

For those looking to do this it's found in Control Unit 02 (Transmission) under Basic Settings > Basic Setting of Transmission

Engine at idle, handbrake on, foot on the brakes and don't touch the accelerator till its finished. Can take up to 5-6 minutes apparently and there is some clunking noise as it goes though the gears.

Thanks for this. It got me thinking to an issue I've had the past few weeks late/short shifting, and bogging in 2nd on launch control. Just gave the adaptation a go with OBDEleven (I'd recommend using a VCDS as this was a bit flakey) and I'm pretty astounded how much better the car feels, shifts and so far the shift/bog seems to be resolved. Reading some other sources apparently a lot of folk do this adaptation fairly often, and some even after every pass at the drag strip. Definitely recommend this on any tuned car.

My reverse gear can be a bit laggy as well like there is nothing there. Seems a bit improved after a drive after the adaptation.

For those looking to do this it's found in Control Unit 02 (Transmission) under Basic Settings > Basic Setting of Transmission

Engine at idle, handbrake on, foot on the brakes and don't touch the accelerator till its finished. Can take up to 5-6 minutes apparently and there is some clunking noise as it goes though the gears.
Good to hear it seems to have solved your issues. Shouldn't have to do it very often if at all really only when issues arise.

Reactions: ArrEssDrei