clutch pressure plate

jezzy

Reaction score
Hello

Ive removed my engine from the car to change the clutch and refit my v2 manifold (cracked and re welded).
I bought and F1 flywheel from the states, and a kevlar clutch.
Didnt buy the pressure plate, not knowing which one i wanted.
After some investigation ive decided a standard one fits the bill.
Ive phoned around and the prices are expensive.
ive found a cheap kit and the pressure plate is 240mm.
Would this plate fit my clutch?
Heres the link
http://www.eurocarparts.com/clutch-kit?gclid=CLrVtIe99LYCFUXJtAodWQ4AAQ
Any info much appreciated

Its the one for 75 quid in the link and the 8th one down the page

Link doesn't work... no guaranty that a std pressure cover will be any good tbh... typically organic style plates need a suitably upgraded heavy duty cover to afford the correct clamping force...

You could take a chance, if its a 240mm clutch (std S3 size) then it 'may' work assuming the flywheel is designed around a std clutch setup but some manufacturers machine the flywheel face so a std cover/plate setup isn't deep enough or is too deep... this will move the biting point around a bit to the point you may not be able to release the clutch at all..

What is the recommended setup from the flywheel manufacturer?

<tuffty/>

Materials irrelevant the its the fitment tolerances of the clutch components...

That looks like the same as the one Welly fitted to his so should take an OE clutch... assuming the clutch plate is based around an OE one (SMF plates generally need to be sprung, DMF plates are not) then a std cover should fit... but my clamping force comment still stands... I couldn't tell you how effective the clamping force of an OE cover would be on the kevlar plate you have bought... ideally you should have bought the cover that went with it...

<tuffty/>

Thanks Again

Your right i should have bought the cover for the clutch.
Ive now got a new oe pressure plate, i will update any issues that arise.
Are the torque specs 60nm and 90 degree turn for the flywheel to engine?
And 22nm from cover to flywheel?

Thanks for any info