Clutch pedal spring, S3 8L desperate of Devon

whizz371

Reaction score
Evening All.

I have been following the excellent sticky, to replace my clutch master cylinder and reinforce the welding on the pedal. I have spent hours trying to get the spring back in, I seem to have a different pedal or box to the sticky as I cant pull it out and jam it sideways, I have loosened the bolt and jammed the pedal back and to the left with an extension bar. I just dont seem to be able to get the spring to locate on the master cylinder. Couple of pics below. I am fairly certain the grey end of the spring just rests in the locating space, as soon as I let the pedal go the spring flys up and out of the locating area. Perhaps some one could tell me if I am missing something , or must try harder ? Cheers.

Attachments

• PXL_20221128_165723101.jpg
    PXL_20221128_165723101.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 73
  • PXL_20221128_165700254.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221128_165700254.MP.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
I had to compress the spring (held with zip ties) to get it in the correct position. It was near impossible to get it in without doing so

Many thanks. went down the zip ties route and got it in. The action does seem a bit odd, but to be fair the engine and gearbox is out so no fluid in the new MC, dont want to fluff around with it until there is fluid in.

Many thanks. went down the zip ties route and got it in. The action does seem a bit odd, but to be fair the engine and gearbox is out so no fluid in the new MC, dont want to fluff around with it until there is fluid in.
Good work !
Not that easy to swap over and would hate to do it on the roadside. After my pedal failing I keep a spare in the boot just incase.