clutch issues

maxpayne1989

Reaction score
hi all,

i recently had problem with my clutch when putting its down it stay down and dosent go into gear. i had it towed to the mechanic and says that the hydraulics need changing and hes gonna order the part tomorrow ....my question is does anyone know where the hydraulic is. if its in the gearbox then he says it will be very expensive to fix..out of the gearbox and not very expensive any help would be greatly appreciated as money is extremely tight and i dont want this guy pulling a fast one thankssssss

You have a cylinder connected to the pedal, the pipe going from this cylinder to the gearbox where there is a clutch release bearing which is also part of the hydraulic clutch system. Hopefully it's only the pipe or pedal cylinder as if its the release bearing you may as well do the clutch while you're in there.

Change the brake & clutch fluid first, or aleast try bleeding the clutch. Could be as simple as that

thanks for the help guys...just got back from the stealership and turns out that it wasnt that serious just needed to bleed the clutch

Slave cinder is probably letting by. It's situated in the box I believe so it's a box out job. Whilst your there you might aswell change the clutch. Whilst that's off you have to change the dual mass flywheel. The slave cylinder is probably only about £50 but the labour added on top with the parts my bill came to £1200. I had to have this done about 18 months ago.