clutch and brake master cylinders

whizz371

Reaction score
Evening all. I need to replace my clutch master cylinder. Any thoughts on here about what to go for OEM or different make? The Brake master cylinder is standard at the moment and looks like the original oem item. However the car has been fitted with the Cupra R brembo calipers. Should I be looking for a larger master cylinder? as the calipers are obviously larger than the originals.

The brake master for Cupra r should be exactly the same as on the S3.
I did the brake conversion on my S3 and i love the pedal feel and braking capability.
To me the factory brakes where complete shyte eaven after new disks ,pads and whole lot of bleeding.As i understand some use the porsche brakes and with them there is a master to slave ratio issue.

As above, the Cupra R has the same brake fluid setup... in any case, i thought a brake master cylinder is difficult to do on these cars? .. the clutch master cylinder is just exhausting if you are heavy like me, as you need to lay over the engine, reaching down to do the fiddly bits against the firewall. And the pedal assembly requires a bit of a knack to arrange it all correctly and getting the clip fitted correctly. Lots of people get the pedal strengthened at the same time.

Many thanks for the replies. The engine and gearbox is coming out at end of season. So will do both of them then. Good thought on the peddle strengthening Stuart, thanks.