Climate control

Andy Rose

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have just bought a 2014 a3. Most of the time the climate control automatically comes on when I start car. But sometimes not!!??

My question is .... Is this supposed to happen? Does it not come on if the inside car temp is correct.

I think it may have turned off the other day whilst I was actually driving, but I’m not sure, it could possibly just not have turned on at start of trip.

I know in my old b7 a4 the climate control was always on unless I manually turned it off.

Thanks.

If the system is set to Auto then it should be functioning correctly, but if not it is simply a conventional heating and ventilation system that you need to set everything manually to suit yourself.

By climate control, do you mean temperature display & fan, or the red light within the right hand side temperature dial for air con, or both?

Are you always using the same ignition key? The car remembers the last used climate control settings for each key (including 'off').

If you are always using the same key and you are referring to the red light within the right hand side temperature dial for air con which doesn't always come on, then you may have an air con issue.

Ahhh! JohnM100, that may be it.... the key memory I mean. I’ll keep my eye on it. I did use different key today..... and I think when it happened the other day was the day I picked it up, when I had 2 keys with me. Could have used different key after a fuel stop.
Thanks mate. Was hoping it may be something simple.