Climate Control Plastic Colour Differences

granty578

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2005 S-Line with climate control with scratched buttons.

I've bought two replacements now and both look slightly grey compared to the old unit which looks black.

Audi said I needed part number 8P0 820 043 AG 5PR but I believe I may need it to end in BK not PR as I think BK would be the colour?

Can anyone confirm?

James

5PR is the colour code of course, you need to provide the old part number & colour code as it may have superseded, also note sometimes the colours do change between revisions, steering cowlings do this often.

Thanks - I assume it's going to be a case of removing everything to get the old part number?

The problem with that is my stereo has one key which the clip looks to have broke so will be a pain to get out. Any tips?

Also, will I need to buy a direct replacement with the same model number?

Radio doesn't need removing to get climate control out, it pulls out and downwards

Radio doesn't need removing to get climate control out, it pulls out and downwards

Does anything need removing at all? I tried pulling it but couldn't get it out at all.

Are you single or double din?

That's even easier then, open coin tray and grap the surround of the coin tray/buttons via the opening of the coin tray and pull it out, then there will be a gap between the buttons and climate so grap top of the climate and pull down and out and then lift out and unplug the 4 plugs.

Thanks got it out - found the code is PR, so tried to put the new one in. Different part number and it worked....except it was about an inch wider than the other one I had and obviously wouldn't go in.

Back to the drawing board, does anyone know the differences about the sizes and which ones would match my model number?

That's cos it's from a singe din unit, dremmel it down will be cheaper than buying another lol.