click sound at 25 mph

holly35

Reaction score
Noticed this ,initially thinking it was the tyres throwing up a loose stone chipping against the wheel arch.
After starting up and moving off, and after i reach 25 mph i can hear a subtle double click sound,then it stops . Its not the auto locks,as this happens around 14 mph.Its much quieter and subtle than the thunk from the auto locks,its more of a double clicking sound. Of course you would be unlikely to hear it if your talking or listening to the radio etc.It only happens once,after starting up, at 25 mph and doesnt happen again .I can slow the car to a stop and move away and it doesnt happen until the car is switched off and restarted and only after it reaches 25mph. It sounds like some system switching on perhaps? Sounds very like the clicks you can hear if your sitting in the car after its been stopped for a while as various systems shut down etc.
Anyone noticed this and any ideas what it would refer to?As this happens at exactly the same speed etc just as the auto locks does, it sounds like some automated system doing its own thing?

Last edited:
After some research online,apparently its the abs system performing a self test of some sort.Also does this on the new Q7 ........you should hear this as i have explained ,as its a normal test function.

Reactions: pierreluigi88
Sounds about right, the driver assistance pack brings in many more 'clicks' too! From the relays clicking in brake lights etc. I'm used to it now, I personally find the tyre noise more intruding than the occasnal click, but none particularly bothersome!

Hope you're enjoying the car still!

Noticed this ,initially thinking it was the tyres throwing up a loose stone chipping against the wheel arch.
After starting up and moving off, and after i reach 25 mph i can hear a subtle double click sound,then it stops . Its not the auto locks,as this happens around 14 mph.Its much quieter and subtle than the thunk from the auto locks,its more of a double clicking sound. Of course you would be unlikely to hear it if your talking or listening to the radio etc.It only happens once,after starting up, at 25 mph and doesnt happen again .I can slow the car to a stop and move away and it doesnt happen until the car is switched off and restarted and only after it reaches 25mph. It sounds like some system switching on perhaps? Sounds very like the clicks you can hear if your sitting in the car after its been stopped for a while as various systems shut down etc.
Anyone noticed this and any ideas what it would refer to?As this happens at exactly the same speed etc just as the auto locks does, it sounds like some automated system doing its own thing?
Hi, im having the same problem. I have a 2017 plate Audi avant sline and im getting those 2 clicks at 24mph. May i ask what us causing it and is it cause of a massive concern as i am able to give my car back if its.

Thanks
Umar

All normal. It's abs self check, working as designed by Audi.

Same happens to my SQ5 as well. First things comes to mind is some fault but glad to know all good.