Cigarette lighter

eel

Reaction score
Hi,

Might be a stuppid question but does anyone know if the cigarette lighter next to the driver in an A4 B7 turn off when the car is locked, or does it remain on running off power from the battery?

Just thinking of having a few devices plugged in running off it.

If its like anything else of that era, it is permanent live.

Reactions: eel and Charlie Farley
Hi,

Might be a stuppid question but does anyone know if the cigarette lighter next to the driver in an A4 B7 turn off when the car is locked, or does it remain on running off power from the battery?

Just thinking of having a few devices plugged in running off it.
It is a permanent live, 100w max draw.
hope that helps:icon thumright:

Reactions: eel
Okay thanks! So probably best not to have stuff plugged in at all time

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Yes permanent live, my USB charger has a small blue LED and it's always illuminated

Hows your car coming along now @eel ?

Yes permanent live, my USB charger has a small blue LED and it's always illuminated

Hows your car coming along now @eel ?
I piggybaccked the fuse so it comes on for ignition only now.

Managed to get an armrest installed that I found at the scrapyard and wired an additional cable with wireless charging pad inside.

Just spent £3500 on an audio upgrade which will be done next week.

Looking to get KW Street Comfort Coilovers V2 after the audio is done, I just like listening to my music.

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Nice! KW's will be awesome upgrade

Where did you piggyback from out of curiosity?

I've yet to move the power of my Bluetooth adaptor to Ignition only. As with WFH and doing so low miles, it's been draining my battery (I think)

Interested to hear where you found the ignition only power source

Nice! KW's will be awesome upgrade

Where did you piggyback from out of curiosity?

I've yet to move the power of my Bluetooth adaptor to Ignition only. As with WFH and doing so low miles, it's been draining my battery (I think)

Interested to hear where you found the ignition only power source
Yeah I just want the ride to be more comfortable really, hopefully they are worth it!

I will send a picture of the fuse box for you to see later on as well. I noticed my battery was draining a bit when I had things plugged in.

Reactions: tr7