Child Seat / Rear Headrest help needed

Krash

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Having collected our new vehicle and as we're swapping our gear over we've come upon an issue (albeit minor) with the rear headrest and our child seat.

The child seat is one of these: https://www.affordablebabycare.co.u...ng-black-isofix-4-to-12-years-child-car-seat/

Which, even at it's "smallest" vertical setting, is too tall for the rear headrest to remain in the "locked" position in the seat - so we've had to take it out.

The minor issue is, we've got a boot liner and a "Seat protector" that need to loop round the headrest to remain in place.

Ideally we need a solution that allows us to have something in the holes that we can loop round, or a headrest with longer attachments.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Had a similar issue on my 8P, I actually was able to raise the headrest to the top, put the seat in place & push the headrest down over the top edge of the kids seat, which also added more secure fit, looking at your seat, looks very similar to ours, so maybe worth a go.

Reactions: Krash
Buy spare headrest, dismantle, brace two prongs together with something than won't foul the child seat, refit.

Reactions: Krash
Thanks both, I did ponder the "pull a headset apart" route - I need to compare prongs from a different vehicle to see if it would work. Either that or get a headrest from a breakers I guess.

Anyone done a mod on a headrest? I'm wondering if a "Saw" bobble head might keep the daughter amused / permanently scarred.

I'll first see if I can "engineer" it in to place as NHN suggested.

I'm lucky with the Recaro Young Sport it always was in range of tucking under the headrest as NHN does , recently I added a cable tie to each of the head rest prongs that loops around the strong plastic top carry handle of the child seat , really firms the top of the seat up .

So with a LOT of pressure, the headrest can be locked in to place and not push the car seat forwards.

Unfortunately over prolonged use I would expect this to cause the bottom of the head rest to become deformed.

So I'm pondering the following:
  1. Buy a headrest of the same kind from a breakers, let it de-form and keep the original one in a bag when I come to sell the vehicle. Though this isn't a long-term solution as there is still some "growth" in the car seat and it's designed to support a child until they weigh 32kg (36, something like that) - she's currently just under 20kg.
  2. Buy a cheapo fabric / non-leather headrest (I assume they're the same shape?) and break it open to get the "prongs" out of it and then jerry rig something on it. What, I have no idea. Any suggestions? I don't really like the idea of just having some bare metal prongs sticking up.

So with a LOT of pressure, the headrest can be locked in to place and not push the car seat forwards.

Unfortunately over prolonged use I would expect this to cause the bottom of the head rest to become deformed.

So I'm pondering the following:
  1. Buy a headrest of the same kind from a breakers, let it de-form and keep the original one in a bag when I come to sell the vehicle. Though this isn't a long-term solution as there is still some "growth" in the car seat and it's designed to support a child until they weigh 32kg (36, something like that) - she's currently just under 20kg.
  2. Buy a cheapo fabric / non-leather headrest (I assume they're the same shape?) and break it open to get the "prongs" out of it and then jerry rig something on it. What, I have no idea. Any suggestions? I don't really like the idea of just having some bare metal prongs sticking up.
Long time ago but did you solve this? Having exactly the same issue