Check if you're affected.

Wait.

They'll be flashing a file to your car, then you're going to take it off again anyway so there's no point in you participating in the recall.

Depends if the recall is mandatory or not. That's yet to be decided.
It's not a breach of contract. Yet! If you read through the threads relating to emissions etc you'll see the arguments for and against in plenty detail.

From everything I have read it is not mandatory if not in warranty, think il be leaving mine.

My 10 plate 2.0tdi 140bhp Golf is one of the infected, don't think I'll be getting it done. If it becomes mandatory I'll get the shark 170bhp remap afterwards.
To add insult to injury the glow plug light came on yesterday and it went into limp mode. As suspected it's the dreaded EGR fault. £370 plus fitting! It's only done 38K, why did I bin my Honda and Scooby?

News just in...

Volkswagen: Automaker Proposing Catalytic Converter to Fix Diesel Emissions, Report Says
The converter would fix the 430,000 cars capable of cheating emissions tests in the U.S., Bild am Sonntag reported. It would need to be approved by the Environmental Protection Agency.

VW CEO says new catalytic converter could fix 430,000 U.S. Cars

Volkswagen CEO Matthias Mueller said the company will propose to U.S. authorities a new catalytic converter system that could be fitted to about 430,000 cars capable of cheating diesel emissions tests. Mueller said the new catalytic converter will be a part of the technical solutions. Asked whether he expects the new catalytic converter to bring 430,000 rigged U.S. cars into line with emissions standards, the CEO replied: "Yes, we believe that this is possible

Has anyone actually had the "fix" done yet?
What's the outcome? Mpg/performance?
I was just trying to ignore it but I'm getting audi to do my cambelt and water pump and service and am unsure wether or not they may be obliged to do it or they legally have to do it if the car is with them??
I'm happy with the performance and mpg of my car so worried now when I take it in.
So any feedback would be greatly appreciated or a link to any thread discussing the outcome of cars which have been 'done' (I did look for one)
Thanks in advance....

Tell them NOT to carry out the software fix , it's inevitable it will affect performance .

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
Mines booked in in the 28th may, i asked the question, would it affect BHP, MPG etc. They said no.Audi service said they had done several over the last 2 weeks with no comebacks. If it does affect bhp or mpg then Audi are liable.

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
It's impossible thats why they had to cheat in the first place , to get the emissions down you have to detuned the engine , less oxygen introduced into the cylinder by more egr operation of inert gasses inc NOx that doesn't burn lessening the 'bang', result is less performance .

DO NOT DO IT !

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010, Archies and Meemo
Here is the letter from Audi, confirming that there will be no change to performance, torque or noise levels. Paragraph 4

Audi have already lied about the emission, can we trust this to be true?

I am going to hold off having it done for now..............or never..

Reactions: Archies
Very wise.

From a company who thinks LongLife service intervals are OK .

A 'snake oil' manual gearbox oil "life fluid" exists.

Denial of the 1.8T blocked up sump oil pick up problem .

Denial of the 1.9 tdi BXE , BKC exploding engine .

Denial of the 2.0 TDI 77mm oil pump drive issue .

LIES , BS , and more LIES .

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010 and Archies
Anymore updates on this? Ive received a couple of letters from Audi now asking me to arrange a time to come in and have this done

I've had my 2012/A4 136 2.0 TDie done about 2.5 months ago and can say I can feel no difference to the vehicle performance. It was optional but decided to go ahead just in case of any future shenanigans and so I had it on record I've done it. I can now remap in confidence... not sure this logic is correct but heh ho.

BTW the mpg is still **** at 43mpg however I drive!

It might be ok or like some you loose driveability , mpg and gain diesel knock and sound like a tractor .

If you are unhappy they won't put your old stock map back on .

There is no obligation or consequence if you don't have it done .

I suppose it's difficult to scientifically prove the effects without a rolling road/equipment etc... before and after...but all I can reliably say is, as monitored by my fuelly account, the mpg was not affected over 3 months after the update...but that's my input for a 136, suspect every engine derivative could have its own map affect.

I suppose it's difficult to scientifically prove the effects without a rolling road/equipment etc... before and after...but all I can reliably say is, as monitored by my fuelly account, the mpg was not affected over 3 months after the update...but that's my input for a 136, suspect every engine derivative could have its own map affect.

Before and after dyno in this thread. From an A5 owner on A5OC. He's noted improved performance and increased MPG.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...o-get-compensation.255055/page-2#post-2794895

(All these threads need to be merged...)