Charging Cradle not charging

Wizbit!

Reaction score
I've just bought a 2016 A6 with Technology Pack option. It has a wireless charging cradle in the arm rest, but its not charging my phone. the phone is fine as my wireless charger at home charges it, as did the wireless charger in my previous BMW.

Any ideas? I couldn't find an MMI option to disable/enable it anywhere either

I've just bought a 2016 A6 with Technology Pack option. It has a wireless charging cradle in the arm rest, but its not charging my phone. the phone is fine as my wireless charger at home charges it, as did the wireless charger in my previous BMW.

Any ideas? I couldn't find an MMI option to disable/enable it anywhere either
Oh - it seems it's only a signal booster and not actually a charging tray... how ridiculous!

Wireless charging was added for the 2018 model year, the last year before the C7 was replaced with the C8

Wireless charging was added for the 2018 model year, the last year before the C7 was replaced with the C8
Mine is the 2016 (66) model which has wireless charging...

is it in a case? I found some of the thicker cases didn't allow for charging but the thin one I have now works well.

Wirless Changing came in for MY17 cars. My 66 plate also had wireless charging.

Wirless Changing came in for MY17 cars. My 66 plate also had wireless charging.
Must have been an update during the model year or an error in the brochure, as the MY17 brochure I have (Edition 3 published 6/16) still says USB charging. I guess the later in 2016 your re the more likely it is that the Tech Pack cars came with wireless charging

early facelifts with tech pack had the signal booster and the signal booster was replaced with wireless charging towards the end of the c7 life. If I remember right the ones with CarPlay had wireless charging and ones without had signal booster.
I remember one the techs said Audi couldn’t get both working at the same time.
same with my current s3 8v when I plug in obd it has an error saying booster disabled on 5f but wireless charging works.

There was a regulatory issue with the boosters, they were being disabled on cars. Remember them coming from the factory back around 2018 and the dealers were disabling/removing the boosters.

early facelifts with tech pack had the signal booster and the signal booster was replaced with wireless charging towards the end of the c7 life. If I remember right the ones with CarPlay had wireless charging and ones without had signal booster.
I remember one the techs said Audi couldn’t get both working at the same time.
same with my current s3 8v when I plug in obd it has an error saying booster disabled on 5f but wireless charging works.

Mine has wireless charging but no carplay 2016 (66)

Easiest way to tell I look at the pad and if it has a Qi sign then it charges. Mines does not, so just boosts signal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk