Facelift Change to flexible from fixed servicing

KenL

Reaction score
Despite telling my dealer explicitly that I wanted my new A3 on flexible servicing the MMI display shows that an oil service is due at 9000 miles or 365 days.

I have off course complained but can I change this function myself?

It appears I can reset the oil change indicator via the MMI.

Please do not offer me advice again that fixed servicing is best .

This is strange because the servicing is usually set to flexible by default and set explicitly to fixed if requested.
The answer to your question is that it has to be changed by the dealer.
The same happened to me in reverse and I just took it in after twelve months and they did the service and changed the intervals then.
Not so easy for you because you will not know when to take it in for service, so I would contact the dealer and request them to change it. I don't know, but I would think that they could do it while you wait.

Reactions: KenL and pburv
I wanted to go from flexible to fixed and was wondering what you've just answered @RichardT... So if they change it mid schedule it won't take into account the miles done or time passed before the change?

But if you are changing to fixed the previous stats don't really matter. Just wait until the next service and get them to change it.

That is true also! Saves me a journey to the dealer too for them to switch it

Will just stick a reminder in my phone for when the car is 1 year old

Thank you RichardT.

Will post an update shortly!

Image Image Update!

I had a few interesting emails and a phone call today. The sales person apparently did not understand my clear and concise email that I wanted the car in flexible servicing mode. He also suggested that I could either just reset the service interval at 10k miles and wait until 20k miles until the first oil change. I explained to him that the car systems would monitor how the car had been driven and would advise me when an oil change was necessary.

I highlighted how I was unhappy that my wishes and instruction were completely ignored and by that time I had emailed the manager to complain about the lack of customer service.

It turns out that my dealer resets ALL cars to fixed service intervals!

This is clearly not what Audi say is the normal situation - see attached pic.

Manager emailed mr and asked if it was acceptable for technician to drive to me and set the servicing correctly, it will only take two minutes of my time apparently.

Ironically, I got an email from Audi UK today asking me to review my experience.

Reactions: pburv
Car changed back to flexible servicing today. Sales guy and a technician came to me and changed it over - took 10 minutes.

To compensate for the misunderstanding I got a voucher to buy accesories or merchandise for £250. Now that's what I call service!

Any ideas on what to buy?

Reactions: pburv
Car changed back to flexible servicing today. Sales guy and a technician came to me and changed it over - took 10 minutes.

To compensate for the misunderstanding I got a voucher to buy accesories or mechs dose for £250. Now that's what I call service!

Any ideas on what to buy?
****** hell £250!! I might get them to change my servicing schedule at least once a month....lol
Well done matey..:friends:
Put the money down as a deposit on an R8??

Reactions: KenL