CD "clicking" noise when ignition switched off

The Doctor

Reaction score
Website
www.wbmcc.com
Hi guys, having just bought a 2003 '03 S3, I've found a few minor niggles that I'd like to fix.

One of them is that when I turn the engine off whilst playing a CD, the CD player (standard Audi unit) makes a loud "clicking" sound for a few seconds. It also does this sometimes when I eject a CD.

Anyone know what is causing this & how to fix it?

Cheers,
Paul.

ahh your not alone mine does this as well, but not always it stopped for a while and has reappeard again, so anyone with some advice would be greatly appricated,

also does anyone know will the bose still work with a differnt kind of head unit as im considering up grading even though i like the standerd look but want somthing more modern.

cheers

Hi there is there a possibility that the clicking could be coming from the hazzard switch relay? as when mine started to go it did click alot before the indicators started playing up? just a thought

No, it also does it when I eject the CD. It's like something internal to the head unit is catching on something. Any ideas?

I've started getting a clicking noise from my head unit, but when I turn it on.

Doesn't do it every time however, but it is becoming more frequent.

same as mine redline sometimes when i eject and sometimes when i turn on or off it was every time then stopped and now has reappeard, anyone ideas dnt think its hazard relay

Yes, mine's an intermittent problem aswell. Didn't do it this evening on the way back from work but then did again later on. It happens when:

1. I turn the head unit on with a CD in it (occasionally returns to the start of the CD at the same time as making the clicking noise)

2. I turn the ignition off whilst a CD is playing

3. I eject or insert a CD.

When the CD is playing it's absolutely fine.

Any ideas or possible solutions? :think:

Anybody got a solution for this????? Its doing my head in!