CD Changer fault

macca666

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for help and have searched the forums to try and see if I could find an answer but no joy.

I have a 2000 A4 1.8TQS with the standard Concert head unit and 6 disc CD Changer.

Recently the changer has become a bit temporamental and doesn't work all the time. Basically when switching via the mode button it comes up with the CD number and track number however no sound is coming through. I don't have any probs with the radio and don't own any tapes anymore so don't know if this works or not. Also at the same time as this started to occur I now have no information on my DIS either from the CD or the radio. (DIS works fine otherwise with everything else).

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason as to when it works or doesn't work - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I have taken the stereo out and had a look at the connections just in case something was loose but it all appears ok.

Anyone out there have any ideas on a fix and if the two probs are related.

Cheers

Doubt the 2 problems are related although the DIS feed and the changer bus are on the same connector. Maybe try unplugging the top connector on the back of the HU and give the connection a spray with some contact cleaner.
Also with the changer itself have you run a CD lens cleaner through it as they do pick up quite a lot of dirt being in the boot. I had similar problems with a mates Audi changer and on taking it apart and running a cotton bud over the lens with some lighter fluid I couldn't believe how black the cotton bud came out.