1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Right folks looking for some ideas
    Looking for something to blow water out the books and crannies after a wash. It’s annoying me as after a wash and dry I drive off and dribbles comes out of the mirrors, wheel nuts etc and leave water mark all over the car.
    Can’t justify the air blaster thingy that’s silly expensive for what is a hair dryer so looking for something a bit chevalier and cheerful.
    Thought about a cheap air compressor, 25-50l, and an air line to blow the water out. Is there any downsides to using this?
    Leaf blower?
    What do you guys recommend?

Also what drying towels do you guys recommend? Mines lost all it’s fluffiness and can get a bit hard after a wash.
    Cheers
    Al

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Philb65

Philb65 Member

I’m going to order a DI vessel, Vyair seems to be popular on here. No need to dry, just rinse with the filtered water so no need to worry about watermarks from the nooks and crannies as all minerals are removed. No need to dry, great for quick winter washes. £95 for an 11 litre.

AlS3BE and X3man like this.
  4. X3man

X3man Well known member Gold Supporter X3 M40i Carbon Black

Yep, a few seem to have the vyair, I have the relaceglaze one, just what you need

Or, get a pet dryer for about £60

cuke2u and AlS3BE like this.
  5. X3man

I use chemical Guys Woolie Mammoth towels, but also Gyeon drying towel which I rate even better, lightweight and drys really well

AlS3BE likes this.
  6. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Not gonna work here. Lots of dust and pollen in the air around here. The dust just sticks to the water which is mainly my problem.

7. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter Audi A3 S-line owners group Manual

Gtechniq MF drying towel of In2detailing , cost about £12 , amazing towel dries almost my whole A3 before needed to wring it out

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

X3man and AlS3BE like this.
  8. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Don’t think pet hairdryer is powerful enough or high enough pressure.
    I used to wash my car down at a mates workshop and use his airline which worked brilliantly. The water beads just blows off so no need for a towel to dry but that was something like 300 litre tank and good for very high psi output. Can’t justify something like that in my garage for blowing up tyre and drying my car though.

X3man and Scotty75 like this.
  9. X3man

The pet dryer I have is mega powerful (and loud) and clears water big time, but don’t use very much (my
    Lane is also dusty) but DI means less water to clear as it runs off and in the summer car self dries with no water marks. You can get proper car blowers but they are £120+

AlS3BE likes this.
  10. X3man

Sounds good scotty, I find the Gyeon is like that. Woolie mammoth also good, but gets heavy and tend to need two

Scotty75 likes this.
  11. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Looking at air compressors and you can get one for £30 with 50l tank with cheap hose and attachments still less than £50. Saw one of those car dryer thing and it was £250+ with batteries and attachments.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. icekay

icekay Member Sportback TFSI Owners Group Team Silver Audi A3 Manual

I use Auto Finesse Drying towel, dry the whole car in 5 minutes

X3man likes this.
  14. Adam14

Adam14 Well-Known Member Team Glacier Team V6 Audi S5 S tronic

I was looking at getting the blaster sidekick or whatever it is called, the small handheld one. About £60-70 I think it was, there are also plenty of cheaper ones on eBay for £35 but don't think they have a filter so can end up just spraying the car with dust and dirt when "drying".
    I currently use AF Aqua Deluxe which I find decent enough, gets most of the water up and mine is a bigger car now. As with you wanting something for the mirrors, door jambs etc.

X3man likes this.
  15. X3man

That is a very good shout talking about filter, as suppose could end up sand blasting the car...not good

Adam14 likes this.
  16. Jonnie

Jonnie Active Member

With the speed air comes out of a handheld blower I’d be surprised if general air particles could cause damage to the paint work.

If they could your paint would be ruined by doing 70 down the motorway.

Bryant1998 likes this.