Cant get footwell lights working

Marius87

Reaction score
Hello

Have retrofitted recaro seats with rear footwell lights, and retrofitted a glovbox with cooler that has footwell lights.
But i cant activate them with vagcom
Do i need a comfortmodule with more specs?
Dont have an interior light pack from before, even retrofitted the headlight panel with ambient light

Guess i need to change the comfortmodule for it to work?

Yeh these are a real pain and easiest to wire in by other means.

The puddle lights underneath the doors are simple enough if you have the looms from another car.

But underseat & dash footwell lights aren’t a plug and play mod

Yeh these are a real pain and easiest to wire in by other means.

The puddle lights underneath the doors are simple enough if you have the looms from another car.

But underseat & dash footwell lights aren’t a plug and play mod

they are not? is it ccm based by options?

I think I've read something about this before. The easiest way would be to tap into the interior light circuit but the oem way should only illuminate the footwell of the door thats open. I've heard of people pulling the carpet and opening up the sealed ccm box under the carpet to tap in.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I think I've read something about this before. The easiest way would be to tap into the interior light circuit but the oem way should only illuminate the footwell of the door thats open. I've heard of people pulling the carpet and opening up the sealed ccm box under the carpet to tap in.

Sounds like a lot of work.
Dont mind that they dont work, since the car newer had them before, but now that they are there and isnt working, it kind of annoying too:D
Strange that ticking it of in vagcom wont do the trick