Can you remap an LPG converted A3?

Jonny-A3

Reaction score
Right, so i havent bought my A3 yet but i've spent long enough and had enough headaches trying to find the one that most suits me.
I have looked into LPG conversions and am pleasantly suprised they dont effect performance greatly and you can switch between the petrol and gas.
I know you shouldnt buy a fast car for the fuel consumption and cost but i want a car that i can play in and have fun in, and the same car that can do my 50 mile round trips to work and back.
So can you remap the 2.0tfsi once it is autogas converted?
I know this seems a dumb question but i really dont know the ins and outs of the LPG.
Any help would be appreciated. Be nice

you could but it would run awfully in lpg mode, im doing 60 mile round trips in my s3 every day to work just bite the bullet and pay the fuel or buy a 1.6

Right, so i havent bought my A3 yet but i've spent long enough and had enough headaches trying to find the one that most suits me.
I have looked into LPG conversions and am pleasantly suprised they dont effect performance greatly and you can switch between the petrol and gas.
I know you shouldnt buy a fast car for the fuel consumption and cost but i want a car that i can play in and have fun in, and the same car that can do my 50 mile round trips to work and back.
So can you remap the 2.0tfsi once it is autogas converted?
I know this seems a dumb question but i really dont know the ins and outs of the LPG.
Any help would be appreciated. Be nice

just get a 2.0 TDI 170. you probably won't notice the performance difference on the road.

failing that just remap your non-LPG 2.0T. if it's spending less time off boost (as it should do with more power i.e. a remap) then the fuel economy should improve

you could but it would run awfully in lpg mode, im doing 60 mile round trips in my s3 every day to work just bite the bullet and pay the fuel or buy a 1.6

Why would it run awfull in LPG mode? You probably would never notice the difference as it will be mapped to make a seamless change fom petrol ( on warm up) to LPG. Also there is a lot of new development in tuning LPG powered cars,take the Focus touring car that runs on LPG and they actually admitted when testing against petrol equivlient the LPG engines were mapped with a higher potential. Also it worth noting LPG is a high octane fuel.

In this instance I can only imagine you would need a bespoke map to get the best out of an lpg converted car but the potential is there. The only thing that would put me off is the extra weight of the tank etc as if you want sporting credentials it won't be as chuckable in my opinion.