Can you order the virtual cockpit on its own?

tankclark

Reaction score
Hello in about to place an order for a cheap lease run around to complement my A45 and have chosen a 1.4 TSI, I want to keep monthlies to a minimum but want the virtual display, it didn't seem too bad for the price but I've been told by a someone who said he's just ordered one and was told it can only be ordered as part of a tech pack that's over £1500, is this true?

Ah that's crap, anyone know the name of the pack I need?

Ah that's ****, anyone know the name of the pack I need?

If you select the Virtual Cockpit (£450), you also must select the Technology Pack (£1450). Total £1900. The Technology Pack gives you other stuff too of course. Use the Audi Configurator on Audi UK website for more details, or download the A4 brochure online.

It's defo worth ordering the light and vision pack along with the tech pack.
As you get the virtual cockpit, matrix lights and extended LED interior lights for not much more than the virtual cockpit on its own!

I'm ordering both.

Reactions: A4B9
I'd have the virtual cockpit and the tech pack because the heated front screen also needs the phone box..

I never understood why so many options rely on the phone box

It's defo worth ordering the light and vision pack along with the tech pack.
As you get the virtual cockpit, matrix lights and extended LED interior lights for not much more than the virtual cockpit on its own!

I'm ordering both.
I initially only had the virtual cockpit alone but the driver assistance package relies on at least full beam assist. For a bit extra I got the better matrix LEDs and interior lights in the light and vision pack - well worth it for the £950

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I wanted to keep the monthly payments low because the car won't get used much only for winter school runs, not sure why Audi insists on these stupid linked packages?
Surely people are as likely not to tick a box and Audi lose out on the money than they are to tick the box and the package it 'has' to come with.

Well the virtual cockpit probably needs the higher resolution that the technology pack gives, plus the maps...

The heated front screen blocks the phone signal to the phone, the phone box then uses the car own aerial...
Good thing it wasn't available when I ordered otherwise my phone would be useless because I'm never going out of my way to use it.

I wanted to keep the monthly payments low because the car won't get used much only for winter school runs, not sure why Audi insists on these stupid linked packages?
Surely people are as likely not to tick a box and Audi lose out on the money than they are to tick the box and the package it 'has' to come with.
Or it goes the other way and people are so keen on something like the VC that they'll have no choice but to buy the tech pack

You probably can't order the heated front screen yet anyway but if you could then you would find the phone box added..

Or it goes the other way and people are so keen on something like the VC that they'll have no choice but to buy the tech pack

I think it's this and people get click happy, thinking "oh it's only another £800" etc. :)

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Maybe we should have a little contest to create the most expensive spec on the Audi UK configurator? :D

The heated front screen blocks the phone signal to the phone, the phone box then uses the car own aerial...

What the hell, didn't know that. Thinks they need to have a little word with Ford :welcoming::welcoming::welcoming:

A bit unfortunate for any passengers who can't use the phone box. Major design flaw

What the hell, didn't know that. Thinks they need to have a little word with Ford :welcoming::welcoming::welcoming:
Different design, you don't have any wires with the audi, it is a special membrame, which is why the phone signal is blocked. Ford's version does tend to have problems with certain people being put off by the wires sparkling and the screens themselves suffer from electrical issues meaning that the whole screen doesn't always fully demist.
I know because I have previously owned ford's since 1993..

Different design, you don't have any wires with the audi, it is a special membrame, which is why the phone signal is blocked. Ford's version does tend to have problems with certain people being put off by the wires sparkling and the screens themselves suffer from electrical issues meaning that the whole screen doesn't always fully demist.
I know because I have previously owned ford's since 1993..

Ah, I see. Maybe Audi should keep things a little simpler, or maybe its a good way to increase the options count.

You must know that if something can be over engineered then audi's your man..

Reactions: scotty76 and Simonb1975