Can you install puddle lights without warning lights?

q2us3r

Reaction score
If retrofitting puddle lights do you also need to retrofit warning lights? I noticed that in VCDS the option to turn them on is "Door Exit/Warning Light Installed" - if you fit one without the other will errors be raised when doing a VCDS scan? or will the puddle lights even work at all if the warning lights are missing?

No you'll be fine with just the puddles but why not do both why your at it ? It's a little bit more on your spec sheet for minimal costs

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My facelift has puddle lights but not warning lights from factory so should work. I’ve seen others with both puddle and warning. Not sure why Audi changed it.

My facelift has puddle lights but not warning lights from factory so should work. I’ve seen others with both puddle and warning. Not sure why Audi changed it.

Cost saving to offset beam patterns in the puddle lights. It just a reflector now....

Reactions: AlS3BE
No you'll be fine with just the puddles but why not do both why your at it ? It's a little bit more on your spec sheet for minimal costs

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Agree, the additional work/cost to fit warning lights is minimal however the door cards do not have any pre-made holes or even indication on where the puddle/warning lights should be fitted so it will be me with my Dremel taking a guess cutting the holes - if not perfectly straight it will not be too band for the puddle lights as you can't see them, but warning lights, well, I don't want for them to look "not quite straight" when you open the doors :)

Reactions: AlS3BE