Can someone share A4 Avant interior photos with/without sunroof

Brasso

Reaction score
I'm struggling to find interior photos with the panoramic sunroof on the Avant. Want to compare how much lighter it is with it fitted v without.

Considering adding it to my order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you tried YouTube videos? I am sure I have seen some in there...

Reactions: Brasso
Have you tried YouTube videos? I am sure I have seen some in there...
I hadn't spotted any but I'll have another look.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@Brasso I will get some interior photos without a sun roof uploaded later today for you ...

After I placed my order, I was wondering if I should have gone with the sunroof given the dark interior cloth trim together with piano black .. I never got the chance as it went into build well ahead of schedule but I havent noticed that it is dark inside either

@Brasso I will get some interior photos without a sun roof uploaded later today for you ...

After I placed my order, I was wondering if I should have gone with the sunroof given the dark interior cloth trim together with piano black .. I never got the chance as it went into build well ahead of schedule but I havent noticed that it is dark inside either

Thanks nkdublu, I've never had the sunroof and was only prompted to think about it when I was ordering, I've not seen a car with one fitted though so keen to compare the pics of with and without.

I specced the sun roof mainly to brighten up the interior as S line only has the dark headlining.

I can take some pictures later in the week if that helps.

I specced the sun roof mainly to brighten up the interior as S line only has the dark headlining.

I can take some pictures later in the week if that helps.

That would be great. Thanks.

I'm not sure this is going to show it (no sunroof) in good light - no pun intended -

IMG 2999

Seeing it on the computer rather than on the phone confirms my suspicions that the photo does it no favours whatsoever. So to re-iterate what I said earlier, in so much as I had the same concerns about it being too dark but it is not something that I have noticed since picking the car up over a month ago now. Were I ordering it all again then I would try and find the extra cash to add the sunroof but because my daughter loved it on the weekend test drive, not because the interior is too dark.

My a3 with black liner doesn't seem dark at all I had a a4 saloon sline that didn't as well. As the avant has more glass I would have thought even less so..

My A3 s line had the black headlining (as has my A4) and that is the one thing I thought I wouldn't like about it. However, in no time I didn't notice the headlining at all and I'm quite happy with it now. I had a sunroof on the car I bought 10 years ago and found it a waste of time. I only used it when driving fairly slowly due to the noise coming in from outside. At motorway speeds the noise was awful, even though it had a wind deflector.

My a3 with black liner doesn't seem dark at all I had a a4 saloon sline that didn't as well. As the avant has more glass I would have thought even less so..

All my audis have had black interiors with no sunroof and I find them both absolutely fine. The A4 Avant demo I had had no sun roof either and that was fine.

I just had that little bit of doubt put in my mind in the show room as it was not something I had considered in the spec. Although I walked away from it at the time.

My current thinking still says don't add it as I've not had it won't miss it. Non of my local dealers have it to look at, so photos seem to be the only option.

Given the price of it £1250. I'm also thinking that if I could find the cash for it other options might be better anyway.

The two videos on YouTube I found of car with sunroofs were inconclusive as one was in an underground cp and the other didn't spend much time on the interior.

My A3 s line had the black headlining (as has my A4) and that is the one thing I thought I wouldn't like about it. However, in no time I didn't notice the headlining at all and I'm quite happy with it now. I had a sunroof on the car I bought 10 years ago and found it a waste of time. I only used it when driving fairly slowly due to the noise coming in from outside. At motorway speeds the noise was awful, even though it had a wind deflector.

Fair point on the wind noise. I do loads of motorway miles so unlikely to use it then and I suppose it also defeats the point of climate control.

Hmm feeling much more satisfied I've made the right choice not adding it and avoided falling into the trap of the impulsive purchase in the showroom.

Reactions: cuke2u
You could always go down a level to the Sport and get the white/cream headliner? Not dull in mine.

Reactions: dts439
That would be great. Thanks.

Hope these help?

P.S.. I had no sunroof in my previous 2 A4s and was set to not spec it again when I had a test drive in an B8.5 Allroad which had it and changed my mind. The B9 272 that I test drove also had one and convinced me it was worth it. Its a real shame that you can't spec the lighter headlining in an S line that you can in the Sport.

Attachments

• IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_2598.JPG
    IMG_2598.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    607.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76 and Brasso
Hope these help?

P.S.. I had no sunroof in my previous 2 A4s and was set to not spec it again when I had a test drive in an B8.5 Allroad which had it and changed my mind. The B9 272 that I test drove also had one and convinced me it was worth it. Its a real shame that you can't spec the lighter headlining in an S line that you can in the Sport.

Thanks that's really helpful.