Camshaft seal replacment 2.0 TFSI engine CDNC

A47

Reaction score
Hi I am out of warranty and my car burns oil or does something with it,

I am waiting for a oil separator after I have cleaned the pipe which goes into air intake and after 24 miles it was my new oil in it. and I will DIY replacement - unless I don't know something what will stop me and I will have to take it to garage.

while I was under my car which is audi A4 2009 2.0TFSI at the front of the engine just under timing chain plastic cover there is a pipe about half a inch thicker then it should be, because on it, its a dust and oil together stick to it over time. I would like to order it and replace ( myself ) because according to this site 2.0 TFSI Engine Oil Consumption - Page 3

quite far down AUDI in first instance changes these things, and since they told me that they have to do the test for £234 even I said the it takes 1L per 1000km They said without the test they are not able to help me.

my knowledge in mechanic is well I have done few things like lights under outside mirrors, glove box light footwell lights, door handles swap for RS 4 with withe LED, but they are not mechanical things really.
and this the part I want to replace 06H103085G I think??
Shaft oil seal

this is my engine sound can anyone tell me why I have this sound:
Audi a4 2 0 TFSI strange noise - YouTube

Any input is much appreciated Thanks

Last edited:
Would be interested how you get on with this fix. So which parts are you going to replace?

Hi today I went to Audi to pay for back order from Germany and surprise : it was already there good part advisor works there helps me with everything I need
So My Audi had this oil separator ,,06H103495A'' and the improved one is ,,06H103495 J'' at 47.20 I have DIY this today on the old one the last test I did I put BG109 into old oil change it into Mobil 1 after cleaning the pipe which comes out into air intake and let my wife drive to work and back 24 miles when she got back the pipe had a lot of new clean oil in it. I have shaked it well on to white paper IMO after 24 miles if it was ok it should't be any.
about BG109 well its too early to say but my car 91k miles my wife had only once achieved 34.1mpg on motorway ( I was told I have tried very hard ) compered to me (43.6 mpg record on motorway with AC) that day and yesterday through city 37.1 mpg so it did something by the looks of it.
Now without asking Audi also said I might need this which is the shaft oil seal number is 06L103085B £5.44. they said Audi does this 2 things in first instance after failure OCT.
altogether I was told its 59.69 DO NOT BUY ON EBAY £79 just for a oil separator.
So now my question know is how hard is to replace that seal by my self ? or how bad my love for this car will be damage ?? and no RS4 Grill

Despite the seal, my oil seal sump look like leaking just at the front of the car so maybe it comes from that seal above that.
For every part I will replace I will put here and the price and wether it did any good.
If that will not work or the garage will have to do it,the first I will check the compression to make completely sure that its not rings and pistons
I will update my findings.

Thanks for the info look forward to your findings in the future. Might give this a try as mine is outside the warranty, 2010 car, quattro avant, also mine has a revo stage one remap. I get upto 34mpg on a long run, car has done 88k.

For how long You have Revo and would You recommend it ( once I fix this car and my wife will forget that it ever happened )??
Oil separator is very easy apart from one bolt. which is in the worst place ever and If you will change it put some paper towels on the left side of the engine / lower part of the oil separator as once disconnected there is some oil leaking from it and the other pipe which fits into oil separator.

My wife just been back and I am happy to inform that she manage 37.6mpg and most important only few drops of that pipe not like before 3 small thin lines after 3 shakes so I suspect this is still left overs after old separator as I did not clean it with petrol to be pure clean. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Hi small update to my case One garage looked today on my car and they said if I have too much money they can replace that seal but for them the seal is not leaking they said it looks like it might before or that is the turbo because very close is the turbo pipe and it looks like there is a issue with my turbo. But they said changing the seal is waste of the money. They said to my oil consumption they can preform 2 test one smoke test,and cylinder test for £ 95 altogether . But they said after what You have done so far drive and monitor. and then we will all see. They said, compression test will not say that they rings and pistons and other test above might also not tell but smoke test will give the answer about the state of the turbo.
Anybody had these ever done ??

Can anybody tell me what is that sound its like you will leave the washer on the engine and it rattles this is my engine in the video
Audi a4 2 0 TFSI strange noise - YouTube

Last edited: