Campaign 66I9

Ok so to close this thread, my new trims have been completed. Definitely notice a difference. My old ones used to wobble when cleaning and now the newly bonded do not move at all.

When you say do not move?
I've had mine done today, and the now wobble more than they did before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the video of the trim, surely that's not right?
Also had my HUD trim replaced, they didn't do that properly either!

Reactions: rasA4
Mine was wobbly but it went into Southampton Audi and now it's rock solid. Was told not to wash the car for a couple of days afterwards.

Mine was wobbly but it went into Southampton Audi and now it's rock solid. Was told not to wash the car for a couple of days afterwards.
They washed the car because I forgot to tell them not to :blownose:

So they should not be wobbling like that then?

Car is booked in again on Thursday Morning and they have it until Friday Evening.
The bottom parts are no longer stuck, so it's anyones guess if between now and Thursday they don't fly off. Apparently it's only the adhesive that's replaced not the actual trims.

Reactions: Keef
I've still not had notification on this, but after seeing your video, I checked mine whilst washing the car yesterday - solid as a rock mine

To revisit this thread, I took mine in this morning to have the work done. Should all be ready this evening, sir. Great!

About an hour after leaving the service dept, I get a phone call to say that another customer has damaged my car in the car park! Fortunately, he went in and owned up and will sort it out with his insurance company. Meanwhile, service dept have booked my car into their body shop and will need it for 2-3 days. The damage is to the rear bumper and will cost about £350, whilst the damage to the culprit’s car will be about £1250. God knows what he did.

So this evening I shall be picking up a courtesy car instead of my own and we shall await developments. And when I renew my insurance in December I shall have to declare a no fault accident. That’s the bit that peeves me.

To revisit this thread, I took mine in this morning to have the work done. Should all be ready this evening, sir. Great!

About an hour after leaving the service dept, I get a phone call to say that another customer has damaged my car in the car park! Fortunately, he went in and owned up and will sort it out with his insurance company. Meanwhile, service dept have booked my car into their body shop and will need it for 2-3 days. The damage is to the rear bumper and will cost about £350, whilst the damage to the culprit’s car will be about £1250. God knows what he did.

So this evening I shall be picking up a courtesy car instead of my own and we shall await developments. And when I renew my insurance in December I shall have to declare a no fault accident. That’s the bit that peeves me.

Sorry to hear that, that sucks.

I’m not sure if it varies from one company to the other but our insurance didn’t increase and nothing changed and we’ve had two no fault accidents in the past recorded.

Or are you thinking of resale value?

Not thinking of resale value, just that there must be a reason why insurers need to know about claims that weren’t their policyholder’s fault and didn’t involve their policyholder in any liability or expense.

I’ve since had a phone call from the Audi body shop and it seems it’s not so straightforward as the service guy led me to believe. I have to ring the other driver’s insurer to say that I’m happy for them to deal with the claim but that I want my body shop to do the repair. The body shop can’t do it before the 23rd, so I shall pick up my own car this evening and collect a courtesy car when mine goes in for repair. I’ve been on hold for 27 minutes waiting for the other driver’s insurers to answer!

The other car involved was a TT. I don’t suppose I shall get to see his damage.

Not thinking of resale value, just that there must be a reason why insurers need to know about claims that weren’t their policyholder’s fault and didn’t involve their policyholder in any liability or expense.

I’ve since had a phone call from the Audi body shop and it seems it’s not so straightforward as the service guy led me to believe. I have to ring the other driver’s insurer to say that I’m happy for them to deal with the claim but that I want my body shop to do the repair. The body shop can’t do it before the 23rd, so I shall pick up my own car this evening and collect a courtesy car when mine goes in for repair. I’ve been on hold for 27 minutes waiting for the other driver’s insurers to answer!

The other car involved was a TT. I don’t suppose I shall get to see his damage.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Ask the dealer if it was caught on CCTV

Not good but it happens and I feel for you. I would ask to see your car and what the bodyshop is exactly going to carry out so you know what is going to happen..

So I have my car back tonight. The damage is minimal but the tricky part is likely to be colour blending. For that reason, the Audi body shop are quoting £1000+ for the repair! They fully expect the insurers to dispute it, but apparently my legal right is for the car to be exactly as it was before the damage occurred and the insurers are obliged to pay whatever the cost is to ensure my satisfaction. I don’t intend to be difficult about it, but it’s good to know I can feel justified in insisting on a perfect job.

Ironically, the damage is precisely where I scraped the rear bumper exactly a year ago when I’d only had the car a few weeks. My local body shop did a perfect job for £280 and the blend is truly imperceptible. The Audi body shop guy certainly didn’t say anything if he noticed the area had been repaired before.

The insurers were absolutely on the ball when I finally got through to them and have indicated that I’ll get a Merc C class, BMW 3 series or Jaguar estate as a courtesy car. On the way over to collect my car I got a phone call from the car rental company to organise delivery, but I had to explain that I shan’t need it just yet as the repair has yet to be authorised by the insurers’ engineer and certainly won’t be started before the 23rd.

There will be no need for CCTV evidence as the other driver fessed up to what he’d done and got in touch with his insurers straightaway so they were already primed when I spoke to them.

A bit of a day all round, but in a short time things are looking positive so I’m OK about it tonight.

That sounds about right, when I put a large dent in my A3 bumper the paint alone was over £350 as Audi wanted to spray the whole bumper to make sure there was no blending issues.

Reviving this old thread an email popped in my inbox.
Since the above Audi was in our workshop, we have discovered that the following product enhancement 66I9-S-Servicing aerodynamic trim needs to be carried out on your Audi.

This work is completely free of charge.

I noticed folk mentioning about the avant mine is a saloon I don’t recall the plastic bits on it?

From memory, the saloon doesn’t have the ‘blades’ down either side of the rear screen. On the Avant, they are like a continuation of the rear roof spoiler down the sides of the rear screen.

Although mine were re-bonded back in 2017 they came loose and were re-bonded once again in August this year - just before my warranty expired. One has come loose again, so I give up. It isn’t going to fall off, but I can wiggle it a bit.

From memory, the saloon doesn’t have the ‘blades’ down either side of the rear screen. On the Avant, they are like a continuation of the rear roof spoiler down the sides of the rear screen.

+1 this is for the Avant models only.