Cambelt and water pump kit

Nick101

Boost fiend
Reaction score
I am going to do the cambelt an water pump on my TQS, can anyone recommend the best place to get the kit from for the best price?

Had a browse on eBay, and can't find an AJL water pump, is the AEB etc one the same?

Thanks,
Nick

Yeah it will just make sure you get a decent kit with a tensioner damper ie conti-tech or something similar also get the revised water pump with a metal impellor not a plastic one.

Cheers for that, where's the best place to buy the kit from and for the best price?

Whats the difference between kits depending on chassis number then?

mines a T plater do you know what one I will need?

Its the arrangement of the tensioner roller thingy.

Early cars had a thermal tensioner, which was later changed for the hydraulic version.

Most early cars have been converted to the later style by now, but the tensioner roller that gets retrofitted is different to the one for cars that came with the later style setup originally. Theres a sort of built in spacer shim thing.

The belts the same, and if you've got an early AEB kit you can use a combination of the old and new bits to make it work.

I had it the other way round on my old FWD. I bought a late model kit and had to use the shim piece from the old tensioner roller to make it work.

I have been quoted £149.85 inc postage and vat for full conti-tech cambelt inc tentioners etc and water pump, does this sound about right?